Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tina1227 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Collection agency
    Can a collection agency add interest to my debt in New York State?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 01:42 PM
    How old is your original debtand to whom did you owe? If its gone to collection it must be old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection Agency [ 7 Answers ]

I was contacted by a collection agency a few months ago about a debt for an emergency room visit. I told them I had not received any bills, and that I would try to apply for charity care. Two months later they called back. I told the woman I was speaking to that I would like a copy of the bill...

Settling with a collection agency [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Just wanted some feed back. I owe $274.00 to SBC-ameritech. Midland collections is offering a settlement of $205. They faxed the letter stating that the balance would be paid in full. And reported to the agencies. I am sending a check through the mail. What exactly do I write on the...

Collection Agency Licenses In KY [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Does anyone know if collections agencies need to licensed or bonded in the State of Kentucky? Thanks!

I over paid a collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

I over paid a collection agency. They were receiving my payments by pre-paid checks, when debt was considered paid I realized I had over paid. It isn't a lot of money but they Wouldn't stand for it so neither am I. The agent in charge of my file & the office manger refuse to reply. What can I...

What to say to collection agency? [ 1 Answers ]

Book Antiqua1blue My question is probably a common knowledge question, however not for me. About 2 years ago an ex-girlfriend (of Course) and I went into a jewelry store that my ex-girlfriends best friends mom worked. We found a ring of course that total was around $1200.00. I put 25% down. At...

View more questions Search