Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Re: worm Pills
    From a PM: ''Hay how are you? I just wanted to ask you a quick question.
    I have three dogs. A cat, 2 fish, so meds for all them can get expensive (not to mention the food) but I am sure you know this. Question do you think it is safe to order meds online for them? The last time I ordered they were a Australian, generic of heart guard. About half as much. But I don't think it has all the same stuff, (name brand seems to have extras) that the generic dosen't. Any tips to save anywhere would be apriciated. I love all them but it is getting to be a bigger and bigger''

I have grit my teeth and coughed up for the standard stuff. I need to get to the vet first thing next week for an $80 Revolution pack. With any generics, read the ingredients on the label. If the generic doesn't list the same ones, it really isn't the same. What you got may be the same as regular Heartgard. Heartgard+ has extra ingredients to control other types of worms too. I have used it for years, and never needed to do anything else. Since Aster came to me at 10 years old with an existing flea allergy, I started using Revolution in the flea season.

People do buy Ivermectin meant for horses and calculate the dosage for dogs, but I wouldn't. Maybe some others here will have some ideas.

I wouldn't mind seeing something. I am spending $240 a year on heartgard+ and Revolution. Before I had Aster, with one healthy young dog in the house, I made do on fleas with only an occasional bottle of flea spray. The dog guide school used to give out Heartgard for their puppies, so it cost very little.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 1, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Heart worm protection [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anything I can give my dog for heart worm protection besides getting it from the Veterinarian?

Worm in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is a 18 week old mix Australian sheppard, and he has roundworms - first sign on Sunday. I brought him to the vets for a deworming on Monday 8am, and he also got his first vaccine, so since Sunday he will not eat a thing. He is lethargic and vomits about once every two hours (few worms),...

W32.Welchia.Worm [ 1 Answers ]

Have W32.Welchia.Worm in my Presario 715us Laptop. Norton can't remove or Quarantine it. The only people I know that can help are on vacation. I went to http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.html#removalinstructions But the instructions seem too difficult for...

Sasser.B.Worm [ 3 Answers ]

Was recently infected by Sasser.B.Worm virus. I loaded the Microsoft patch and the Norton Anti-Virus correction tool. Norton now says that their scan does not detect the virus. Part of Norton's instrcutions was to use their software to quarantine the infected files, which I did. ...

View more questions Search