Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yenoh Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Mar 29, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Hair Loss
    I', experiencing hair loss or thinning. I'm a woman and it's definitely a bigger deal than it is for a man. Its more acceptable for men to lose their hair. But a young woman?! Gosh! Its really taking a toll on me mentally.
    Is anyone else experiencing this?
    finessed1 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 07:41 PM
    I am totally experiencing the same thing. My hair has been thinning for over a year now and I'm so sad, confused... It went from me having a thick healthy head of hair to too much of nothing. My esteem is severely affected and it just terrible to say the least. My hair is so thin that you can see scalp and that's all over. I still have hair but thickness I do not possess at all. Just writing about it make me want to cry. Last week, I finally made an appointment for the doctor's because I've tried everything and still no results. If I get some encouraging information, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Mar 29, 2007, 08:13 PM
    I know how you feel.
    I just started losing it at the end of summer last year. I am very scared I don't even want to leave it down anymore... my hair used to be so thick, now I have probably lost 35% of it...
    I am washing my hair every two days. Only once a week do I use nizoral to help with dry scalp. The other days I use aveeno baby shampoo, because I don't want anymore harsh chems in my hair. I am eating properly, getting enough rest and trying to stress less (when possible)... but still I am so sad. I alsomoisturize my scalp with coconut oil to help keep it conditionned. I heard that conditioner helps speed up the process of hair loss (and I have only started really using conditioner last year).
    Anyway - I wish you luck. You should get a general blood test to make sure everything in your body is right. Good luck! And thanks for the response. :)
    sleeper Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2007, 08:17 PM
    What kind of food do you eat all?

Mar 29, 2007, 08:26 PM
    I don't have too much of an appetite, with this tragedy.

Mar 29, 2007, 09:13 PM
    OK first off lady's eat more meat and egg's protein also talk to a doc about a thyroid test that may be the cause and I'm not sure how old you are or your family history... and see a doc for depression OK buddy... also more milk its good for you no matter what make's you feel good and strong...

Mar 29, 2007, 09:27 PM
    I absolutely agree with everything, in particular depression. I have been battling a long roller coaster of depression and thinking back... this hair loss began around that time.

Mar 29, 2007, 09:43 PM
    I'm not really sure what to tell you. But just see a doc and get on some (PILL'S)!! I hate pill's but sometime's that's the only way and try to find something that makes you happy and that may be hard to do at this time but life's a bit%h and if you want to talk in privet send a message
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Mar 29, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Yeah the tyroid, can be a problem. Nutrition can also.
    They sell rogain for women at cvs, it must help.
    Also they sell hair thickening shampoo (I don't know if they make it specificly for women)
    And cherr up I know this is rough but it's not the end of the world (it might seem that way) Actualyu stres might be csusing it, so just relak,

Mar 30, 2007, 07:31 AM
    hello all! Thanks for the responses,
    the thing about myself is I am on an excellent diet - I get everything I need and more. I have had my blood test which has come out perfect. I will try to get a thyroid test.
    I do have 2 anxiety disorders - several random panic attacks through-out the year and social anxiety. When they occur, they are quite overwhelming and often they occur in the middle of the night, when I'm asleep - I just awake breathing rapidly. When they do not occur, I am normal. My last one was in January - it lasted for a week. I had to take 2 weeks to recover from my lost of sleep and overall sluggishness (it was not a fun time at all). But I haven't had one since and I am trying my best to stay positive and not stressed so that I do not have another. I do go to school, work and do other activities, I'm not over exerting my body everyday. I try my best to relax as often as I can...
    hair loss is rough, but I notice it happening with a lot of young women these days (teens and early to late 20s)... I think its because excessive dieting and stress in general.
    Fitnessed1, your depression is most likely the source because not only are you stressed, but you haven't been eating properly. Have you been to therapy? I have been to therapy for my social anxiety. I had this from since I was 10 ( I am 22 now). But it was starting to make me feel depressed. I didn't want to go on pills so instead I went to therapy. Find a counsellor you feel comfortable with - once you talk about your problems, it becomes a lot easier to handle them. If that fails, then you should look into anti-depressants.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 30, 2007, 08:21 PM
    There are many causes of hair loss, such as heredity, diseases, diet, birth control pills, ringworm or hair products. I recommend that you talk with your doctor about the cause of and best possible treatments for your hair loss

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does hair dye cause hair loss? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I just wonder if hair dye causes a hair loss. My wife dyed her hair tow months ago and over the last three weeks she is having a hair loss. She went to see a doctor and all the blood test were fine. She was given some tablets and a shampoo to use a twice a week to wash her hair. Could anyone...

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

Hair loss [ 4 Answers ]

My hair has been getting much thinner over the past two years, and now I can really see a difference. I am only 16 years old which I think is way to early to start having hair loss problems! I've noticed that my hair line is receding, and I have some dandruff problems too, which may have something...

Hair Loss [ 3 Answers ]

I am suffering from hair falling since 6 years. Now my hair have become very thin and my hair line is receding. I am getting bald. Earlier hair fall is negligible but now its unmanageable to tie in a pony. Scalp becomes more visible when ever I comb my hair. Please suggest me something...

Hair loss [ 1 Answers ]

My daschund is 1yr old and has had some hair loss . My husband bought her for me last Easter. She had some hair loss on her head the vet said it was nothing to worry about but it is getting worse. Could it be her nerves?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search