Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mickers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Could BV be recurring?
    I need to find out what this is. In 2006, I was celibate and didn't have any sexual partners. In December I met someone and we had sex, once unprotected. About 2 weeks later I had some bleeding and abnormal discharge. The discharge was brownish-red, foul smelling. I had all tests done at my doctors and it was not HIV, not a STD, basically they couldn't determine what it was and it went away. They gave me a one shot deal of Metronidazole. 4 pills at once. It went away. In February, I met someone new and 3 days before my period, I had the same symptoms again, brown/red discharge (green as well) with a VERY bad odour. I was prescribed the same medication, having been told it was a bacteria vaginosis. It went away with the medication. I was fine for the entire month. Now, my period is due in about 3 days and I'm getting the same symptoms as last month. This is happening right before my period. I'm not experiencing pain, itching, burning, or bleeding, no painful intercourse, just the discharge that won't go away and the bad smell. Is there something I can do? I don't have multiple sex partners, I don't douche... why is this suddenly happening to me? I've never had this before. I'm 39 years old. Shouldn't this medication have cured this problem for me?
    finessed1 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Bacteria vaginosis is not an STD (as you may already be aware) and can be cause by irratants such as laundry detergent, soap or body wash or scrubs, underwear... even toilet paper. If you think back are there any pre-menstral rituals that you do that could possibly be the cause of these problems?
    mickers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Hi and thanks for responding! The only new thing I can think of was about 3 months ago I started to use a body scrub with soap lotion instead of a soap bar... it's just strange as it happens before my period and there is nothing that I'm doing pre-menstrual. But thanks, I think I will go back to the soap for awhile and see if that helps! I appreciate your thoughts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recurring dream [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 34 now, but when I was a kid I always had the same dream for about 6 years,, I can't remember much but something was chasing me ,I would run all over the house throughing things behind me and holloring for help, my mother would grab me and get me back in bed,, then in the morning I never...

I need help with a recurring dream [ 4 Answers ]

I keep having reacurring dreams about this guy I went out with. He was a good guy and all, but things didn't work out, so I accepted it and moved on. But I keep dreaming about him. I want to know why?

My Recurring Dream [ 2 Answers ]

Good Morning: I lost my second husband nearly 16-months ago. He was ill for 7 months with a Glioblastoma Tumor in his brain. We had been married for 19 years and sadly got divorced on November 18, 2003 (biggest mistake we both ever made in our lives as we still loved each other). He was...

Recurring dream [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having dreams about my first love since we broke up in High school. I haven't spoken to him in 6 years. I always wake up broken-hearted and really missing him. It's not every night but every couple of months. I always remember the dreams that I have about this guy. It's driving me...

Recurring dream theme [ 1 Answers ]

I would appreciate some help trying to figure out the recurring theme I have for some dreams. I keep pondering and I'm just not sure. In these dreams I see words that I can never make out what the words are. In one particular dream I told myself that next time I dreamed about seeing words or...

View more questions Search