Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2014, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    it's just rabble rousing
    No, these people are serious and seriously unhinged. Meanwhile, the feds are seizing vehicles to save the world from climate change.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2014, 11:52 AM
    That's not why they are seizing vehicles - nice spin.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2014, 04:04 PM
    If they are seizing vehicles to stop climate change they are going to need a big car park
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2014, 08:14 PM
    Bet it turns up in the Driveway of some EPA official...
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2014, 05:06 AM
    I would expect any 1985 car still on the road would not comply with today's standards and the article said 40 vehicles were seized, so smoothy it is unlikely it will turn up on someone's driveway, but this looks like a fishing expedition or maybe the vehicle was reported for blowing smoke
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2014, 04:04 AM
    as far as emission s goes ;if it doesn't comply it fails inspection. But then the article goes on to talk of imports with altered VIN . That's a different subject unrelated to emissions . Do they mean that cars with altered VIN that pass emissions tests are acceptable ? Altered VIN usually means there was a car theft.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2014, 04:49 AM
    Yes Tom it might be a rebirthed vehicle imported and given a new engine
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2014, 12:45 PM
    nice spin.
    Thank you.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 12:52 PM
    Vehicles over 25 years old can be imported into the USA, WITHOUT having to comply with either emmissions or safety standards applicable for that year. They are legally antiques.

In fact a 25 year old vehicle at least in the state of Virginia, which has one of the tougher emissions testing programs, being run on a dynamometer duing the testing.. becomes exempt... as one of my vehicles a 1989 became with this year.

Meaning you can import that 1989 or older right had drive Nissan Skyline LEGALLY without expensive conversions....assuming you can find one..
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2014, 03:15 PM
    You want one we can probably find one for you I saw one the other day
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 03:57 PM
    Been lusting after them for many years... must cost a fortune to ship a car from Australia to the USA or vice versa.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2014, 04:01 PM
    Don't know but they do import classic cars here from the US of course we do have the problem of conversion
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2014, 05:58 AM
    The climate war is on again
    The war is hotting up ahead of the UN meeting as it always does, this time Australians are being told of the aweful cost of inaction in dollar terms, $200 billion, and the whole story is completely dishonest because no matter what we do it won't make one iota of difference, we are already on target to achieve a 20% reduction in emissions and more, and yet the rabid dogs of the climate debate say we are not doing enough as if anything we do matters, mean while the antarctic sea ice is as large as it has ever been and growing. What I say is go tell it to the northern hemishere we have heard enough and our Prime Minister can't even be bothered to attend the meeting, he knows the truth and has more important things to do than listen to rubbish, such as engage in a real war and pacify the natives
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2014, 05:09 AM
    there have been fewer warming years than cooling years in the time that it has been measured by satellite . No one's chief minister is going to attend this joke of a meeting because the climate scare mongers have been discredited .
    Obama's Lonely Climate Summit – world leaders are staying home | Watts Up With That?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2014, 06:13 AM
    Hello tom:

I dunno... 125 heads of state ain't chopped liver.

UN climate summit to host 125 heads of state | TheHill

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2014, 07:00 AM
    Welcome back :-)
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2014, 09:42 AM
    Just like his eventual executive fiat on immigration laws ;the emperor plans on delaying his war on energy until after the November elections. This news came from a conference call with reporters and the EPA ;extending the public comment period about new rules cutting carbon emissions from power plants until December.
    I guess after the elections he'll have more "flexibility "to impose his dictates .

He also wants to impose a UN climate treaty on the nation while by-passing the Constitutional requirments of a Senate approval.
    Obama looks to skip Senate on new UN climate change deal | TheHill
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2014, 04:13 PM
    About time you guys came on board
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2014, 04:28 PM
    it's bs and your carbon control regulations are bs too.
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2014, 04:49 PM
    Yes Tom there Is a lot of it going around these days, but don't forget we have wound back a lot of regulation recently

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why was the Hundred Years War such a pivotal war in European history? [ 0 Answers ]

2. Why was the Hundred Years War such a pivotal war in European history?

Climate change?? [ 35 Answers ]

Hello: Look, I'm a climate change denier too, but this is some crazy weather we're having, huh? So, even though global warming is a hoax, if my home had been destroyed by Sandy, I wouldn't temp fate again. I'd move or rebuild it on stilts. You? 98% of the worlds scientists AGREE that...

Latest weapon in the war on climate change [ 40 Answers ]

Or global climate disruptions or whatever they call it these days, the latest weapon to save the planet is... the official EPA climate change rap. I'm speechless.

World War two prisnor of war camps [ 4 Answers ]

There was movie I saw, back in like the early 70's. The story line was a prisnor of war camp along the German/Swiss border or German/Austrian border. The POW's build a glider and launch it from the ridge of the top floor roof, using a tub that is dropped from several stories to provided the...

Is the Iraq War just merely a political conflict or really a War? [ 10 Answers ]

The Iraq War has been awfully quiet these days. I read historical documentaries about other wars and, every time there's a war, It would cause much panic and it would all be on the news and everything. Officials would be all over the nation trying to find recruits and signs are up. But the Iraq...

View more questions Search