Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Looking into bankruptcy
    I got myself into a pretty bad situation, partly involving putting my friends car in my name. They are having issues making the payments, plus I'm having trouble getting insurance. Is bankruptcy going to be my only/best option and if so, does anyone have a name they can give me for a lawyerin Buffalo, NY? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2013, 08:06 AM
    Your credits going to be a wreck for at least 7 years with a bankruptcy. Helping have the vehicle reposessed by the bank might actually be the best option of the two.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Only one car that will be repo'ed when you don't pay, is not normally enough for bankruptcy, so take car back from friend, park it, stop paying insurance and do what you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Bridgeport Bankruptcy a legit company to file Bankruptcy with [ 7 Answers ]

Is Bridgeport Bankrupty online service a good company to file Bankruptcy. Are there any major reported complaints, like not filing Bankruptcy properly or at all.

During chapter 13 bankruptcy receive inheritance, opt out of bankruptcy and pay off? [ 3 Answers ]

I am six months into a chapter 13 bankruptcy and I have received an inheritance. My bankruptcy is about 60% payout of my total debt of $90K. My inheritance is about 50% of what I owe. Should I opt out of the bankruptcy and try to negotiate with the credit card companies for a payoff for about 50%...

Who can see my bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I am applying for employment, can an employer find my past bankruptcy from over 10 years ago?

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Thank you for your replay about the foreclosure. If I have to pay the bank the difference between the sale price and what I owe in a foreclosure, What happen if I declare myself in bankrupt?

View more questions Search