Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Magen Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Is it time?
    I have a 2003 Ford ZX2, with 28,486 miles (yup! Very little). Is it time for a tune-up? I get different answers from different people. Also, is it true that on newer model cars, it is not necessary to do certain things during a tune up?
    Any help is appreciated! Thank You! :)
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Yes. Here's what should be done now:

. Change air filter
    . Change fuel filter
    . Change cabin filter
    . Change transmission fluid and filter
    . Change antifreeze
    . Change brake fluid
    . Change power steering fluid (partial change)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 01:36 PM
    From what I read about your vehicle, tune-ups should take place about every 100,000 miles. Hard to believe.

I not sure what doesn't need to be done in tune-ups of modern cars these days. But, would like to know what does need to be done. Used to always do my own tune-ups on the much older cars.

Have been told by a former auto mechanics teacher at a high school that there is not much you need to do during a tune-up anymore.

So much of figuring out what needs to be done is diagnosed by a machine.

So, if your vehicle is driving, performing and sounding okay. I would just make sure to have fluids and filters replaced at the recommended intervals and any rubber things under the hood inspected periodically for cracks and leaking.

I hope that this answers your questions at least in part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

12.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Smokes fom Time to Time [ 9 Answers ]

This engine apprears to start and run fine. However, from time to time it will smoke like a freight train then clear up and be find. This may occur several times in a two hour period. Any sujections on what may be the cause? Thanks for your Help!

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

View more questions Search