Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheDancingFlames Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Trying to de-purple my hair
    About a month ago, I got myself a box of Raw Permanent Hair Color from Hot Topic-- Deep Purple. It has no ammonia and no peroxide in it. I also decided not to bleach before hand because my natural color is a fairly light shade of blonde. Anyway, I put in the purple and it came out looking nice and dark. I was fairly happy with it. Now it's fading to a lighter purple, and I find that I'm not very fond of it this way. It's still purplish, but it's kind of mousy.
    What would be the best way to get back to my original color, or as close to the original as I can get?
    Do I want to go with the Prell/Dawn thing, or should I go for some color removal product, or bleach it? I'm a little lost on this, and I don't want to try anything without getting any advice first...
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Mar 28, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Oh my, you sound like my sister. This happened to her a couple months ago but it was red. What ever you do DO NOT strip your hair or bleach it. It will damage your hair and it will take months to get it back to an orignal color. The best thing to do would to buy a de-coloring dye. They have them at Rite Aid and hair supply stores. Use that and try and find a hair dye that is a bit darker then your original hair color. Best of luck to you sweetie!
    TheDancingFlames Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Yeah, I definitely want to avoid the bleaching. It makes my hair really brittle and dry... best not to go through that if I don't have to.

As for de-coloring dye, uh... are there any specific brands I should look for?

And for coloring over, I did pick up a kit of Herbal Essences dye. 19- golden glam. It's fairly close to the way I used to be. And it makes me giggle immaturely because it reminds me of Golden Grams cereal. :o
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 28, 2007, 08:01 PM
    In order to go from dark to light blonde again, you would have to bleach your hair to a pale yellow stage and then apply a toner. Anything other than that will result in a brassy color. Bleaching or lightening your hair can cause certain amount of damage if it's not done correctly. You should consider going to the salon and have them do a corrective color. The hairstylist will try to match your natural color as close as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My hair dye has gone purple! [ 4 Answers ]

I went to this really good hair salon yeaterday, and the woman dyed my hair "semi-permentant dark brown", but when I got home I noticed it had gone a dark red-brown color. This morning I went and asked her to re-do my hair. So she did the same thing but with a bit darker tone or semi-permanent hair...

What are these purple guys? [ 1 Answers ]

I found these on the porch yesterday. I thought they were seeds or pollen at first. Turns out they are insects of some kind. It had rained and our chickens were on the cement porch (could these have come from the chickens?) I saw the purpleish color in the rain water, took some in to my old...

Dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do

3 days after hair color change blonde turned purple [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend had her (originally) brown hair changed to blonde by a stylist. She does this on a regular basis so she was just trying to have the roots and overall color updated. 3 days later after a shower and blowdry purple streaks appeared. Any thoughts?

View more questions Search