Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louise1928 Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Aug 16, 2013, 08:44 AM
    Teacher and student felony?
    If you are 17 and sleep with your teacher and continue this relationship that is then reported by someone who is not you or the teacher. If you did not want to press charges, would the teacher still be aressted for felony?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 08:46 AM
    Yes, he or she could still be prosecuted.

Whether a crime is prosecuted is up to the prosecutor (the state), not the victim.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 09:01 AM
    First most likely teacher will lose job.

But yes, teacher will most likely be charged and arrested.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    first most likely teacher will lose job.

but yes, teacher will most likely be charged and arrested.
    In many states. But whether it's a crime will depend on state law, which varies from state to state.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 16, 2013, 11:05 AM
    I believe you are in the UK (Any question on law needs to include your general local as laws vary by area)!

However, I think this is pretty much standard. Its up to the prosecutors whether they want to prosecute a crime reported to them. They do not need the victim to press charges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it weird if a student ask out a teacher? [ 5 Answers ]

Not saying I want to. Asking for my friend

Teacher Helping Student outside of school [ 2 Answers ]

A student gets caught drinking. A teacher turns her into the school office and student gets suspended for a few days. The teacher tries to help the student with the drinking problem. The teacher was not in the students life until this happened. The teacher is successful with the student not...

Can I become a teacher in the US with a sealed criminal record? (of felony) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a charge from 7/2001 of theft (felony) that has been sealed (non-disclosure). My dream as a child seeing Eddie Robinson and Lovie Smith coach is to coach, and eventually get to the big leagues, college or NFL. I still continue to fight, but have had no luck in becoming a public school...

Can a Teacher marriage with her student? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to ask a Question Q: Can a teacher marriage possible with her Student by Islamic point of view? I am very thank full to you if u suggest me right path. Pray for me. Allah hafiz

View more questions Search