Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Treveyon36789 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 11:00 AM
    Why do people get upset over being dumped by text?
    This is something I'm trying to wrap my head around. I've never done it to anyone or had it done to me, but I do know people who've had it happen to them. Personally I don't see the big deal. If the person is dumping you then why care how they do it? Why waste your time being pissed over it, I mean you were going to be dumped anyway so why would you even want to see the person. Text or in person does it really matter when either way it's over?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 11:11 AM
    To me, I believe it is a sign of disrespect, not to mention very cowardly.

People break up with people on a daily basis, but at least be grown up enough to tell me face to face.

That's just me. There are many people who feel the same way you do. Perhaps I am old fashioned. ;-)
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2013, 11:14 AM
    Because it shows a complete lack of class and degrades the entire relationship. If you two were close enough to have a relationship, there should be a feeling of mutual respect to tell someone it is over to their face. Anyone can do anything over a simple text message... it's easy. Granted, it seems to be the direction we are headed. You don't get fired over text, you certainly don't get hired over text... there is a personal relationship I believe exists which typically warrants something more than a text.

Oh, and as Enigma stated, it is extremely cowardly.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2013, 11:25 AM
    There was a time when facing a person to tell them why they want to break up showed respect and gave closure. Now the modern way is text back and forth with mind games because the one can not accept they were dumped. I think being A MAN or A WOMAN and owning up to you don't want the relationship is the better way. Of course I am old school on a lot of things.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Oops! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Enigma1999 again.

It's a cowards way out of avoiding dealing with someone else's pain. Just my opinion. Yeah I am old. :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 02:02 PM
    It's called "having manners and being polite" to break up in person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I always want revenge? Dumped by text [ 42 Answers ]

I was dating a friend of a friend for almost a year. Everything seemed great. I was going to ask my ex about our anniversary which was coming up. Then he dumped me out of the blue by phone. I was completely shocked. He didn't even give me a reason and wouldn't talk to me. I was shocked and...

Dumped by text after 3.5 years [ 12 Answers ]

Last night I received a text to say its over after 3.5 years! Both mid 20's n his not ready for commiment! Says there's no one else, what the hell do I do? I'm still in love with him :(

How do I get over being dumped by a text! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, OK so for those of you that already know, I've just been dumped my girlfriend for being a paranoid bastard... through text! She said 'i can't have someone just freaking out on me. We have no future 2gther'... I said 'please don't throw al this away after everything just like that, lets have a...

Dumped by text message [ 3 Answers ]

I was dumped yesteday by text after 14 years! At the moment I just feel confused and numb, I just don't know how to handle this at the moment.:confused:

Dumped by text [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Just yesterday I was dumped by text, which I just thought was out of order as I thought I deserved more than that. I told him this and I heard from my firend that his own mates had a go at him for the way that he did it. He did say it is a nice way like he wasn't ready for a relationship....

View more questions Search