Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bougbed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Hp pavilion recovery<windows root>system32\hal.dll
    I made a mistake of not burning my recovery disks out of the system. Now I have a problem with the system and it is showing this error that

Windows could not start because the following file is missing
    System32\hal.dll. Please reinstall a copy of the above file.

Could you please assist so I can get the recovery cds to enable me restore the system back to normal. I have my academic work in the system and it is not what I can just get a go at and have it done again.

Cheers

Dan
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 27, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Usually at the bios booting screen, you will have the option to press a function key to access the recovery partition.

This function key will depend on the computer manufactuer, HP, Dell, etc. As an example, Dell uses F12 to enter the boot menu which should let you boot to the recovery partition.

What computer do you have? It should be something similar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C:windowssystem32gvdcgfc.dll- error [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there Whenever I boot up my system following error dialogbox comes up "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gvdcgfc.dll The specified Module Could not be found" Only one OK button is there. But noting wrong I found afterwards.

Windows 98 no recovery Disk [ 3 Answers ]

I was given a Compaq Presario 7470 that is messed up, it needs everything you could think of. When first turning it on it would reboot over and over. Finally I got passed that but now I am getting a invalid messege "Invalid Vxd dynamic link call from NTMAphlp(02)+00000002 to device "004F" My...

Help!windows errors popping up... please help... error is in jscript.dll.HELP ME please [ 2 Answers ]

Help Please... windows Errors Keeps Popping Up Every Time I Try To Open Yahoo Games.. error Is In Jscript.dll.. what Does This Mean??

What is zJny.exe (DLL?) as that it is taking over my Windows Task Manager [ 1 Answers ]

What is zJny.exe (DLL?) as that it is taking over my Windows Task Manager and a window shows up while shutting down: "Unable to initialize zJny.DLL? Is this a virus, dialer, spyware, or what ever it is as that I need to get rid of it and can anyone explain how to do this. You can e-mail me at:...

Using HP Pavilion application recovery cd [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Help Desk, I'm getting ready to do a reformat using the application recovery disk that came with my computer 5 years ago. I didn't get a separate windows 98 disk so I gather its on this disk from HP that came with my computer when I got it. Everything will be the way it was when it came...

View more questions Search