Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mackwell1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 05:28 PM
    Skin
    I want to know what kind of skin cream would work good to heal acne and heavy scarring and reginerate skin cells
    Mackwell1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 05:29 PM
    What kind of skin cream would work good for repairing damaged skin with scars and bad acne
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 06:26 PM
    Skin creams would not work. You would have to have dermabrasion.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Aug 6, 2013, 04:59 PM
    You can try glycolic acid skin peels. Either go to a professional or you can do a low percentage at home. A 10% peel should be suitable and can be purchased from Amazon, eBay, etc, but if your skin is sensitive, I would advise going only to a professional. Make sure you read the directions on the bottle very carefully because the length of time you keep the acid on your skin is important and the peel should be removed only after a minute or so when you first use it.
    Dermabrasion as tickle suggested or laser treatments by a dermatologist can also be effective for the scars.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XOXOlove View Post
    You can try glycolic acid skin peels. Either go to a professional or you can do a low percentage at home. A 10% peel should be suitable and can be purchased from amazon, ebay, etc, but if your skin is sensitive, I would advise going only to a professional. Make sure you read the directions on the bottle very carefully because the length of time you keep the acid on your skin is important and the peel should be removed only after a minute or so when you first use it.
    Dermabrasion as tickle suggested or laser treatments by a dermatologist can also be effective for the scars.
    Good advice XO
    Sinquisitive Posts: 27, Reputation: 10

Oct 3, 2013, 02:53 PM
    First, to take care of the acne: Try washing your face with a gentle cleanser, and then gently applying a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel all over the face, letting it dry, and then applying a gentle moisturizer. Twice a day- once in the morning, once at night- NO exceptions. This should clear up your active acne, and pull out the acne under the skin, giving your skin an overall better appearance.

Second, to take care of scarring: Dermabrasion works wonders, and there are loads of different dermabrasion products you can find online that are not very expensive. Or, if you have the money or insurance for it, you can see a dermatologist who might be able to offer all kinds of different alternatives, like chemical peels or laser treatments.

Remember, these things take time. It's not going to be fixed overnight. But you need to address the acne before you can address the scarring, so give your skin a few months to heal and stop breaking out, and then you can start working on getting rid of the scarring.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lighting - Bio Claire & African Queen MJ Skin Crème [ 7 Answers ]

I started using Bio Claire for 2 months , in the beginning I got lighten like I would say 2 shades. I am Indian, I have light brown - Medium Skin. My skin tone was even and it glowed. I use the Bio Claire all over my body and face. I had started with my body first cause I didn't want my face to...

Am I dark skin , brown skin or light skin [ 1 Answers ]

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Skin burn or reaction to a skin cream lighthening called (makari) :How to get rid of [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I live in vancouver and back in December went in africa for the fist time after several years ,came back and I couldn't believe how dark I turned because of the sun and I didn't take any sunscreen with me ,conclusion it horrible compared to how light my skin was before then asked one of my...

Is there a cream to promote / increase skin cell exfoliating in middle age (50) skin [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! My skin has really changed since I hit the big "50th birthday. It has become dryer, flakes, thick patches and seems like the dead skin cells don't slough off and just pack into my pores creating hard tiny bumps (sometimes dark color) below the surface and the skin thickens over. My guess is...

View more questions Search