Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fal1018 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2013, 06:55 PM
    Tree hanging in my yard
    My neighbors tree hangs over the border of our properties. The limbs are now touching the roof of my garage and I am concerned about possible damage to the 3 year old roof. Who is responsible for tree limb. It hangs over the boundary line about 10 feet and it is about 8 inches in diameter.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 07:03 PM
    So it was there before the roof was built, correct? Why didn't you cut it down before you built?

Be that as it may, you may have the limbs cut off at the property line, just as long as you don't kill the tree.

Does the limb seem sound?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 07:30 PM
    I' have a friendly chat with the neighbor and work out the pruning of his tree with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family hanging from a tree. [ 3 Answers ]

I was just watching 'A Haunting in Connecticut', and an image flashed across my mind of another film I had watched not long ago. The very first (or second) shot is of a kind of old reel movie kind of image of an entire family hanging from one branch of a big tree. I have looked through my DVD...

Tree close to slope in yard [ 1 Answers ]

We planted maple trees in the yard but now realize that they are close to the edge of the slope downgrade to the road. Should we build a wall foundation around the tree to raise up the ground level around the tree where the slope is? Will the tree roots be strong enough to hold the tree upright...

The Hanging Tree - Peter Paul & Mary [ 2 Answers ]

Hi You, Can anyone please help? I have heard Peter Paul & Mary sing the folk song 'The Hanging Tree' & seen them perform it via YouTube. Unfortunately I cannot find it in any of their CDs. Does anyone know this song is available on CD & if so the title of the CD?

Good tree for front yard. [ 2 Answers ]

My front yard is 80'x40' there used to be a huge spruce tree but I cut it down. Looking for a deciduous tree with a root system that's not invasive. Would like some but not too tall, 50' max. I live in the northeast and have sandy soil. Looking at an eastern redbud. Any other suggestions?

Feral Cat Hanging Tree In William Creek,S.Australia [ 15 Answers ]

I just want people to be aware of what goes on in aussie country.This is pathetic & sickening.WARNING.. DISTURBING PHOTOS. http://www.thylazine.org/gallery/catree/

View more questions Search