Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMIwinski Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Uneven color
    Apparently when I re-colored my hair this time around, I didn't really saturate the crown area non-virgin hair after the retouch process. My hair is medium brown with gold undertones. The crown area (about 3-4" in length) looks a bit lighter and a bit "faded" but the rest of the hair turned out beautifully, as usual. I use Clairol professional color and have very gray, color resistant hair. In the past I've had the 'oops' of having darker areas by not just staying in the outgrowth sections when recoloring, but never had this 'lighter' look just in the crown area. It's not hideous but I'd like to know if I can re-color that area and leave the dye on maybe just 5-7 minutes. Or perhaps combine shampoo, developer and dye and comb through dry, let sit maybe 5-7 minutes, and then shampoo. I'd appreciate suggestions. Thanks much!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2007, 08:59 AM
    In the past I too have made colouring mistakes with my hair but at the risk of permanent damage to my hair and scalp I have never tried to correct an error with more dye immediately, as I have read here. Lovely hair is just too important to your overall appearance, so just grit your teeth and wait for a safer time.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 26, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Yes, you can re-color the roots. Remember the resistant gray hair takes longer for the color to deposit. When you apply your desired hair color, which is medium brown, follow the recommended time on the package.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter? [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my...

Applying color after color corrector- too dark. How long do I wait to re-dye [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair red for years. I wanted to lighten up the red color a shade or two so my colorist used a color corrector and then redosited a lighter red color after the corrector was shampooed out. The color ended up very dark & not red at all so we used the color corrector a second...

Uneven Flooring [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know an easy way to replace a sagging floor joist?

Uneven laminate [ 1 Answers ]

I have just finished laying laminate between two ajoining rooms. The problem is where the rooms meet the floor is uneven causing the laminate to split on the joins and feels wobbly under foot. What can I do to correct this? Please help...

Uneven grass [ 1 Answers ]

My yard has ruts in it because of the sprinkler system I had istalled pryor to having my sod laid. Is there a way to fix this problem? :-[

View more questions Search