Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raccoonie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2013, 03:11 PM
    What are these white things in my house and on me ?
    I am miserable, been happening for months now. There are little holes in my clothes and I have found white egg like things all over the house, like salt and pepper . Then there are the black things too , little black things and then other specks. I'm itching , been to the dermatolist, gave me crème for scabies . I find these things everywheire in the house . I have caught them even in the fridge. Out in the shed. Cursor is jumping aone around, will cut this short , love to talk to anyone who has this problem
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2013, 04:25 PM
    Sounds like fleas
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 26, 2013, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    sounds like fleas
    I think the jumping around refers to a computer/phone problem, not the black specks.

Racoonie, the small holes in your clothes sound like case-making moths, which will require dry-cleaning everything made of animal fibers such as wool, felt, silk, cashmere, etc. While those items are at the cleaners, your closets need to be emptied and cleaned with appropriate soaps, paying particular attention to undersides of shelves and corners for any cobweb-like aggregations which are the moths' cocoons (fellow entomologists, I know cocoons is not the proper term, but it's the most understandable).

As far as black specks that cause itching, scabies mites are a possibility. Did the Dr. take skin samples for examination? Follow his advice, if only to rule out that possibility.
    PapillonOne Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2013, 11:39 PM
    Please check out this article, maybe it will be of some help in explaining what you are dealing with.

http://articles.healthrealizations.c...-Amercia.aspx?

I'd also try food grade diatomaceous earth... read about it here: http://www.earthworkshealth.com/orga...st-control.php I have used it for bug and flea control, and it works great but make sure you DO NOT get the pool supply kind as it has bad chemicals in it that can affect humans and pets. I buy mine on eBay... 10 pounds for around $22 includes shipping and use a sifter to put it all around the house, in corners, on rugs, behind appliances, at door threshholds inside and out.. It vacuums up after being down a few days and then I treat again after 10 days inside the house. I leave it down at the outside entrances. Suppose to even work on bed bugs! Hope this helps.

Good luck
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 03:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PapillonOne View Post
    Please check out this article, maybe it will be of some help in explaining what you are dealing with.

Nearly Invisible Biting Mites Invade North Amercia: Here's What You Need to Know and Do
    PapillonOne, Have you found anything anywhere that indicates Oak Leaf Gall Mites eat holes in clothing? I have not.

Your help is appreciated, but please take into account ALL the information from the question so as not to send the questioner off on a tangent that has little in common with the original problem.

Diatomaceous Earth IS an excellent general purpose pesticide, despite the fact that it is almost always over-applied. If your pesticide is visible to the naked eye, you have used too much.
    PapillonOne Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    PapillonOne, Have you found anything anywhere that indicates Oak Leaf Gall Mites eat holes in clothing? I have not.

Your help is appreciated, but please take into account ALL the information from the question so as not to send the questioner off on a tangent that has little in common with the original problem.

Diatomaceous Earth IS an excellent general purpose pesticide, despite the fact that it is almost always over-applied. If your pesticide is visible to the naked eye, you have used too much.
    I disagree with all your comments. Often the obvious is overlooked. If you can solve her problem than go for it! Dry cleaning what few clothes may not be synthetic (I don't think too many people even own much that is natural these days) and washing down her entire house with "appropriate soaps" doesn't sound too possible to me assuming she could afford to do that in the first place!

AND if you can get such a fine dusting of DE when using it, good for you but again I disagree that if it is visible it is too much and I guess you're also inferring it wouldn't work. It works for me and that's what I was sharing.

If you own this forum, I'll be only to glad to unsubscribe. Let me know if you own it otherwise I think you should let the people requesting help make their own decisions regarding any info and advice offered.
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 7, 2013, 01:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PapillonOne View Post
    I think you should let the people requesting help make their own decisions regarding any info and advice offered.
    Your disagreement is noted. Actually I do let the questioner make up his/her own mind, I merely point out the appropriateness of the answer.

So, when have Oak Leaf Gall mites eaten holes in clothing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My house has a black, red and white wire for my ceiling fan. The house also has a gr [ 3 Answers ]

My home is pre-wired for ceiling fans with lights. My fan has a Black, Green and White wire. The house has a Black, Red & White plus a ground wire. How do I make this work?

Price range selling an authentic piece (white brick) White House 1950 w/placque? [ 0 Answers ]

2 were sold on ebay 2007-2008 but don't have access to $ they [email protected]

What are these very tiny white things I keep finding in my clothing, [ 1 Answers ]

I too would like to know what these lint balls with a tiny white speck inside is suddenly doing on and in all of my family's clothing? 1 year ago is when this started for me and my family,I wash and wash and add lots of extra stuff in my washer to try and kill the problem.It sometimes does work on...

View more questions Search