Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshine2872 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 11:57 PM
    Depressed or lazy
    I know I am depressed but my husband just calls me lazy. All I can do is sleep. I take 75mg of Effexor once a day but I think that needs to either be increase or changed. It is all I can do to even get out of bed to go pee. Taking a shower is like an act of God and congress. I also am in a lot of pain that no body has been able to diagnose. I guess my question is how do you define lazy?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 12:03 AM
    Definitions of lazy on the Web:

Moving slowly and gently; "up a lazy river"; "lazy white clouds"; "at a lazy pace"
    Faineant: disinclined to work or exertion; "faineant kings under whose rule the country languished"; "an indolent hanger-on"; "too lazy to wash the dishes"; "shiftless idle youth"; "slothful employees"; "the unemployed are not necessarily work-shy"

Have you ever thought of going to visit your GP?

How long have u been like this?
    sunshine2872 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 12:26 AM
    I guess for the past couple of months I haven't felt like getting out of bed. I just don't care about nothing. Don't want to go anywhere or see anyone.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 12:30 AM
    Well all I can say if you are not prepared to help yourself then No one can help you!
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Mar 26, 2007, 08:16 PM
    You might be very depressed!

Have you always been what your husband calls "lazy"?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Well, Effexor is an anti-depressant, so you are obviously diagnosed as severely depressed unless you suffer from anxiety or panic disorder (but from what you are saying I think those two things can safely be ruled out!). How long have you been taking it? Your doctor should be monitoring you closely if you have been taking it less than 3 months or if you recently increased the dose. If you only recently started it, you need to know that it can take a month before you actually see any results.

Have you been taking any other drugs (including alcohol or over the counter medications) at the same time? If so, they can have a detrimental effect. Are you taking the medication with a full glass of water and food (if not, you should be!)?

You should definitely tell your doctor about your issues. The tiredness could be a side effect of the Effexor as well. The dose may need to be adjusted DOWN. You just don't fool around with depression... see your doctor!

Now, the other thing is this... EVEN if you ARE depressed laying around in bed is NOT the answer! Get up at the same time every day. Make your bed, have a shower, get dressed and put your shoes on. If you do nothing else, do those things. Generally speaking, if you do this you will be less inclined to lay around and more inclined to participate in life and feel better.

As for the pain, your depression could be a side effect of pain. Ask your doctor for a full blood workup and to refer you to a rheumatologist to rule out arthritis, fibromyalgia, lupus and similar disorders. The main thing is to learn to live with (and despite) your pain. Motivate yourself as much as possible. You CAN do it!

Hugs, Didi
    jDeanne26 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Hi, I can strongly relate. I deal with depression and Lupus. They say that Lupus can cause chronis fatigue but I don't think that the Lupus is my problem, it is completely mood related. Some days I am so down that I will go for three days without a shower or changing out of my pajamas, its just too much. I'm sorry to hear that your husband thinks of you in the way that he does, I know the feeling, some people just don't understand depression! What I find sometimes helps me is to go just for a short walk, alone, in a place where there are no people around (I have fields behind my house that I like to use) the fresh air and quietness really seem to help clean the mind and soul. I know that most days just getting out of bed and leaving the house is like running an emotional marathon, but just try my advice because afterwards I always find that I am glad that I did :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lazy DVD Drive/ Virus conspericy [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a lazy DVD Drive. Please Help me Yeah so I have been having problems with my DVD Drive (Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD 114R) for sometime, I never really cared because I could just use my CD Drive. But then I got Battlefield 2142 which requires a DVD Drive to be read. My DVD drive read CDs...

Depressed [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hello poeople out there like you I also have the same problem about the dark sode of our u. arms. Since I've been reading about your insights on how to solve this, I think if I could only buy that product things would be easier for me but I can't can you please give me tips or some...

Please help me very depressed! [ 11 Answers ]

Believe this it's the short version but doesn't appear that way: Adult son moved away and did not come and say goodbye to me. He has never done this to me ever. And he has moved away from here many times before. I would not lend him money this time! He is a son from my first marriage. No other...

Lazy old sob! [ 2 Answers ]

Message Deleated

View more questions Search