Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtnbkr Posts: 83, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Mailing in 1040 return, also mail W-2?
    I just finished and printed my tax return from TurboTax. I'm going to mail it in. On the TurboTax mailing instructions, they have a section on "What you need to mail." It says, "Attach the first copy or Copy B of Forms W-2 to the front of your Form 1040." Do I really need to send all my W-2? Don't employers submit a W-2 automatically to the IRS? Only one of my jobs gave me the 4 copies of my W-2. Can I just photocopy them for the IRS?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Yes, you MUST attach a copy of the W-2.

You can mail a photocopy of the W-2 if you do not have enough copies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mailing address on W2, W7 and 1040 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have following questions: 1) Is it necessary for me to put the same mailing address that I have on my W2 on the W7 form "applicants mailing address" section (W7 is for my spouse who does not have an SSN) as well as form 1040 "Home address" section? Or I can give a different address? The...

Which TAX form I have to submit 1040 or 1040 NR [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was on F1 status from Jan-2006 to May-2006 and had no income. From June-2006 to current I am on OPT status. I worked from August-2006 to December-2006 on OPT status. Which TAX return form I have to submit? 1040 or 1040 NR or I have to submit 1040 and 1040NR separately. Thank

E-mailing vs. Telemarketing [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, as some of you already may know, I am in ISP sales, here is my website: Rock River Internet: Best Local Internet Service Provider - ISP - Rockford, Illinois and I have a pretty good contact list, our primary business is local businesses and I have found that it is very hard to get the...

Tax Return Form 1040-Question No. 10 [ 1 Answers ]

First of all, thank you for answering my previous question. I now need to know how to answer question no. 10-Taxable refunds, credits, or offsets of state and local income taxes if my wages for 2005 is $35,179.65. This will help me get my adjusted gross income to fill out my financial aid...

View more questions Search