Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kellllyy2002 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 07:25 PM
    I asked out my best friend
    Ok so I go to school with this guy named Austin.. We were basically the same person. The day after our last day I asked him out. He said I was a sweet nice and awsome person. And that when he was ready he would ask me out. Then not even two days later he asked out another girl. I gave him hints that I was mad. Then we stopped talking for a little while. I decided to talk to him and he said 'I said I would tell you when I was looking for a girlfriend' which was a total lie. Then I said just like when you told me you asked another girl out. After that we don't speak. I'm so mad. He was my best friend. I don't know what to do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2013, 07:37 PM
    So you decided to lose a best friend by trying to become boyfreind and girlfriend, you sound like a preteen, maybe a teen. Dating at this age almost always ends , most never make it a year. So you make a choice to give up a good friend.

He was obvoiusly not interested in you, that way, and he did not want to confront it. You failed to put friendship first and got mad
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 16, 2013, 02:03 AM
    MAD at someone who won't go out with you? Huh? Time for a little growing up.
    What if some guy asks you out and you don't want to go? Does he have a right to be MAD?

He lied a little sweet lie to be nice to you and not hurt you on the spot. Get over it.

I don't know where teens these days get the idea that they should just leap into asking someone out. NO - you look for little signs that the friendship is leaning towards that extra kind of feeling, and you suggest a walk or an ice cream or sit on a bench together alone - BEFORE you get to the real date.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2013, 04:58 AM
    Acting like a brat every time you don't get your way will leave you very lonely. Who wants to be around a drama queen? Try seeking attention through positive behaviors and not through acting like a spoiled child.
    louise1928 Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Aug 6, 2013, 04:22 PM
    Sometimes when you take a risk like asking someone out you have to be okay with the fact you might get hurt, but by doing this you now don't have to keep thinking what if? If you where such good friends tell him you'd like to be friends again if you can't deal with this don't be friends anymore. Life's too short for playing games there's plenty of other fish in the sea.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 04:38 PM
    ''he said 'I said I would tell you when I was looking for a girlfriend' which was a total lie''. ---Not really a lie because he did tell you that he would tell you when he was ready to go out with you. He isn't 'ready' to go out with you, he is ready to go out with someone else. If you want to play these games and lose a good friend then that's the consequence. A real friend supports their friends decisions even if they do not like or agree with them. You are letting your emotions run you and it will bite you in the long run.

Aug 8, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    Acting like a brat every time you don't get your way will leave you very lonely. Who wants to be around a drama queen? Try seeking attention through positive behaviors and not through acting like a spoiled child.
    You don't even know me. I'm not spoiled. If we're up to me, I would rather be dead. Have cut. And you may say that is stupid but every day I get called ugly and every day I get called all these things. Some even from my parents. So don't you dare tell me I'm spoiled.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellllyy2002 View Post
    You don't even know me. I'm not spoiled. If we're up to me, I would rather be dead. Have cut. And you may say that is stupid but every day I get called ugly and every day I get called all these things. Some even from my parents. So don't you dare tell me I'm spoiled.
    And you are resorting to the utter stupidity of cutting??

Aug 8, 2013, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And you are resorting to the utter stupidity of cutting????
    I HAVE cut before. I stopped but still I get bullied evry day and I just smile and say I'm fine. I am falling apart but yet no one seems to notice. If I tell some one, they say oh I under stand. But in reality they don't. I don't cut any more. I'm not a drama queen. We are friends now. He even admitted he was a jerk and we are now dating. He is the only person I have.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellllyy2002 View Post
    I get bullied evry day and I just smile and say I'm fine. I am falling apart but yet no one seems to notice. If I tell some one, they say oh I under stand.
    Smiling is not how to handle bullying.

Who are you telling? Obviously not the right people.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 02:22 PM
    It seems the issue is how you handle the not so great moments in your life. Cutting to stop the emotional pain is never a good solution, especially when you are feeling powerless to cope with disappointments and frustrations. Its never easy when bullied or being rejected by a friend for any of us.

I suggest taking a step back to see you are hardly alone being affected by the behavior, good or bad of others and maybe you can see how they get through this or what they use to handle situations like this in positive ways. Maybe a school counselor or trusted older adult can guide you through this process, if your parents don't know how.

I completely understand that you seek love and support and being put down all the time is a real downer, but never react with impulse and anger, and frustration, that's worse. Most young ladies have close girl friend to talk to, do you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I asked out my best friend, she said no [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I asked out my best friend of 3 years and she said she enjoys what we have too much right now. She then went on to say that if she changed her mind I would be the first to know. I'm confused and sad. For as long as we've been best friends there's always been the feeling that something...

A friend asked me this [ 4 Answers ]

A friend on a social message board asked me this, and I want to make sure I have the facts before I answer her. I cleaned up text speak :)

My best friend asked me out [ 13 Answers ]

I've had this best friend for 4 years, I can talk to him about everything. He's the person that i go 2 when im hurt and just knows what to say when im hurt. He's been with me through everything but i just never saw him as a boyfriend. know i dont know what to do?

Asked out a friend. I think. [ 5 Answers ]

I thought I made it clear but I guess I didn't. A few days ago, I asked out a friend, or so I thought. I've been friends with this girl for almost a year now. We hang out a lot, but always with other friends around. When I just met her, I asked her out, but it didn't work out since she was...

What if he asked your best friend out? [ 1 Answers ]

Question: There is this guy and there were many signs he liked me. He also asked me to dance to a slow song at homecoming. I talk to him a lot and he smiles when I talk to him. He always sits with my friends and I. My friends know I like him. They asked if he liked me and he said just as friends....

View more questions Search