Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arc2299 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Underage drinking
    I recently received a ticket for "being less than 21 and possessing malt beverage" and "fraudulent identification". I know that having a REAL drivers license and altering it is considered a felony for falsifying a government document, but I read that having a flat out fake ID is only a misdeamenor. If I go to court, pay my fine, and do my community service, how will it affect my record (which is currently clean)?
    jaynen76 Posts: 18, Reputation: 5

Mar 25, 2007, 06:21 PM
    I wouldn't "go to court, pay the fine...." I would consut an attorney, preferably one who is familiar with your court and has a good relationship with the DA, and get him to bargain you a deal. Yeah, it might cost you a little, but it's worth it. They'll probably drop it to something like unlicense driver, or better yet driver not in possession, it still may be a $300 ticket, but it's better than a frickin' misdemeanor.
    Felly123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arc2299
    I recently received a ticket for "being less than 21 and possessing malt beverage" and "fraudulent identification". I know that having a REAL drivers license and altering it is considered a felony for falsifying a goverment document, but I read that having a flat out fake ID is only a misdeamenor. If i go to court, pay my fine, and do my community service, how will it affect my record (which is currently clean)?
    Well not very much since you have a clean record... my boyfriend is 17 and he had a house party... and he was charged because he had underage children at his aprt. And that didn't really even affect his record and if anything they can't send you to jail fer like LIFE you know... so even if they sent you to jail it be fer like 3 days...
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 25, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Was this your first offense?

Mar 25, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Yes, it is my first offense. My record is completely clean, until now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 07:07 PM
    I would hire an attorney, in most cases with an attorney they may get the cases dismissed if you pay court costs and do enough community service, It is a lot better than having it on your record for the rest of your life.

Mar 25, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Can't I have it expunged after I complete community service and everything?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrested for Underage drinking! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I was arrested for underage drinking... I was trying to run away from home... this is the first time I have evr gotten in any trouble with the law... they did not read my my rights or do a breathalizer test to see how drunk I was... they went off what someone else said... what I need to know...

Underage marriage [ 1 Answers ]

i am 17 years of age and i need a notarized parental consent to get married in arizona. what is a notarized parental consent? how do i get one? and do i need my parent present.

Underage drinking [ 3 Answers ]

Well my boyfriend and I were talking last night and we got into a fight about underage drinking. I just want to know can't you get arrested underage drinking? I told him that you can get arrested for underage drinking but he didn't believe me...

View more questions Search