Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ausboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 02:21 PM
    How to adjust governor on older 8HP Briggs and Stratton mower motor
    I had to dismantle two engines to make one. Have forgotten how to adjust governor. I have fully closed buttefly in carby, and turned governor actuating lever fully anti-clockwise before re-tightening clamp on governor arm. Is this right or wrong?
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 23, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Move butterfly all the way open paying attention to the lever moving. Move lever all the way in that direction turning the shaft opposite. Hold all together snug and tighten.

Hope that makes sense. .

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 hp Briggs and Stratton engine won't start -TroyBilt mower [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Troy Bilt riding mower and it won't start. The battery has been checked. I think it's the starter. Anyone know how to change the starter?

Riding Lawn Mover with Briggs and Stratton 14 HP motor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a riding lawn mover with a 14 hp briggs and stratton engine. I cannot read the model number and I need engine parts (intake valve and keeper). How can I order a part if I don't know engine model??

15.5 briggs & Stratton "Craftsman Riding mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 42" Riding mower that's approx 5-7 years old. It runs great when it runs, but when I try to start it up is when I run into trouble. Ive replaced the battery... brushes in the starter... fuel filter... cleaned all the battery connections including the ground on the frame. It...

12.5 briggs and stratton motor repair [ 2 Answers ]

I have replaced conrod but have stuffed up settings. Do not know correct position of piston related to tapped setting

Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp [ 3 Answers ]

My friend has a Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp engine on a riding lawn mower. He asked me if I had ever seen one that leaked oil from under the flywheel. He said there are two holes under the flywheel that oil is seeping out of. I am totally at a loss of the holes he is referring to and therefore I...

View more questions Search