Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nai0427 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Could I be Pregnant anyway.confused!
    Hi,
    the last day of my period was feb 23 and I was intimate with my fiancé the 24 and 25th about two weeks later I started to feel sick and my back was hurting I had some minor cramping. I thought nothing of it I just figured it was just my body telling me that my monthly friend was gearing up for another visit, but when the 18 of march rolled around I didn't get my period. So I was patient but now it's the 23 and the only thing I've had is some random spotting my breast have been feeling kind of sore like a throbbing pain. I decided to take a pregnancy test and it said Not pregnant! Could I still be pregnant or is my pms just late?:confused:
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 05:49 AM
    I would go and see your doctor, home pregnancy tests are not as accurate as tests your doctor can give.
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

Mar 23, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Wait another couple days at least a week then do another test
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 08:58 AM
    It could be pregnancy, or just a late/missed period. Some women's amount of hcg just takes a while to build up in their system, and since there is a certain level needed to register a positive on hpts, you may not get a positive when you are in fact pregnant. Blood tests are more accurate, but a qualatative test is also a positive or negative test result, and so if your levels still aren't high enough to register to that level, they won't show positive. You can go to your doctor, and get an exam(which can help determine pregnancy by looking for signs such as an enlarged uterus and the blueish purple tinting inside that accompanies pregnancy) and if you are late enough, and there is enough reason to doubt,they might order a quantative blood test. This test registers that actual number of hcg in your system. The test typically repeated in a week to see if the numbers are doubling, like they should in a healthy pregnancy. Since you are about 6 days late now, I would wait another day or two, retake the test. If its negative, wait another week. Retake the test. If its still negative, go see your doctor for advice. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am confused [ 9 Answers ]

I have never done anything like this, but here it goes. I have been with my girlfriend for a year and a month, but I have known her for a few years before. There was always some chemistry between us. A few months ago, my girlfriend mentioned that she thought that I wasn't feeling the same as...

I'm So Confused [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I have been fighting this confusing battle about if I'm pregnant or not for about 3 months now. If so, I would have been ever since about Nov.19,2006. I KNOW I pee a lot and I can't stand it, I have gained weight and my stomach has become a little noticeable. My breast hurt sometimes and I've...

So Confused [ 3 Answers ]

OK So I met this new guy about a month and a half ago, we started hanging out every evening, he would meet me in my work parking lot and we would just talk and go to dinner. It was great at first, we would Text Message ALL Day long and All night long. Then one weekend he had to go out of town and...

2 weeks pregnant roughly, bit confused [ 1 Answers ]

I had my last period on 9th aug, I had light bleeding and mucas on 20th aug for 2 days and then nothing, followed by light cramping that has worn off now. I did a pregnancy test and it showed positive. After 1 week of cramping it stopped and now I have brown discharge. I would be due on in the next...

View more questions Search