Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennismc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2013, 01:58 AM
    Ficus varigated is it invasive.
    We have a ficus varigated variety, it is now getting huge. It is 10 years old. It is beautiful but is it going to be invasive?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 5, 2013, 02:32 AM
    No not invasive; I don't know what you mean by huge.

May 5, 2013, 07:00 PM
    Thank you Tickle. By huge I mean about 2 metres higher than my single story house roof. The drip line is about 4 metres in diam.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 5, 2013, 07:02 PM
    Invasive typically means spreading roots everywhere and plants coming up all over the place. You have a big Ficus. Judiciously prune back to the size you want.

May 5, 2013, 07:19 PM
    Thank you ma0641. Will the roots then be restricted to the drip line or do they just run riot?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 5, 2013, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dennismc View Post
    Thank you ma0641. Will the roots then be restricted to the drip line or do they just run riot?
    Hard to say but drip line is normal.
    sharkkiller1 Posts: 55, Reputation: 10

May 12, 2013, 10:51 PM
    The roots go every where but there are controlable with pruning as to size bejimina ficuses get about 90ft tall and 300 ft wide

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invasive ground moss [ 5 Answers ]

This horrible green moss is taking over my lawn and pasture. Yeech! The mossettes Are choking the life out of all other plants! I live in a warm/hot summer area (80-95 degrees) and 3-50 in the winter. I hoped the summer heat/sun would kill it off, but the slightest bit of water And it springs...

Mold on ficus [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My ficus tree has mold on leaves and truck. What do I do? I am not a plant person. I got this as a present and I don't want to kill it.

Invasive Questionnaire from collection agency's lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

I am involved in a suit with a junk debt buyer and their bottom feeding lawfirm - I just got served so I am working on the answer and will file it this week. However, I received a letter this weekend from their attorney with a form requesting all types of financial information regarding settlement...

Ficus tree [ 5 Answers ]

I had a large ficus tree cut back. I do not want it to grow again. The tree service Guy told me use diesel fuel. Which I have been doing. Any other tips to prevent the ficus from growing?? Because of hurricanes I am compel to cut this monster ficus tree Back to 7 feet hight. Some of the roots...

Ficus Tree [ 1 Answers ]

My ficus tree is weak and has lost the majority of its leaves. I'm trying to doctor it back to health. It is not over-watered, currently in indirect sunlight. It has no sappy discharge, mold, mites, etc. I have a perfectly healthy ficus but need advise on how to revive it back to health. ...

View more questions Search