Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vjp123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Waiting for 2nd period after giving birth 11 weeks ago - can it just be irregular?
    I gave birth 11 weeks ago and got my period after 6 weeks. According to the calendar I was due on Sunday (2nd period) and I have no sign of my period coming. As of today I'm 3 days late. My question is: can I have my period and then not have it for a couple of months? I am breast feeding but only half the time and I feel like my milk isn't coming in as much as it use to. We have had unprotected sex (stupid!) and I'm wondering if I could be pregnant or not - God Help me!
    Thanks - Val
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 07:28 AM
    You won't be regular for some time I truly hope you aren't pregnant its not good to have children that close together your body needs time to recover.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 08:49 AM
    It takes a while for your periods to get back to normal sometimes. Since you are breastfeeding, its possible that your period is late because of that. Some women don't get their periods until they ween their babies. However, since you have had unprotected sex, it is also very possible to be pregnant. It seems that it is much easier to get pregnant, immediately after having a baby. SOOOO extra procaution is needed. I would wait one more week, and then take a test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just had baby 8 weeks ago, could I be pregnant again? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello there, Just had a quick question. I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I still haven't got my period yet, I did have sex 4 days ago and then again 3 days ago. Of course silly us we didn't use any protection. I started to bleed after having sex and I'm still bleeding now. Not really like a...

No period after 17 weeks from birth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Just a bit worried really. I still have no sign of a period after 17 weeks from my birth date. I get all the stomach cramps that you get before them but no sign of a bleed? Is this normal? Thanks Sarah xxx

My girlfriend ended it a few weeks ago and I don't want to lose her [ 1 Answers ]

We had been dating for about 4 months. She was stressing out about everything and told me that she loves me but doesn't want to hurt me by not seeing me as much. She is a stubborn hard nosed person and wants to figure stuff out on her own right now. She heard that I was crying over it and she said...

Song from C.S.I. 2 weeks ago? [ 2 Answers ]

Did anyone see the C.S.I.(Las Vegas) episode from two weeks ago. There was a song that played before the credits during the opening scene. I'm trying to find out the name of that song.

Taking Clomid, waiting for a period. [ 1 Answers ]

I just finished my first cycle of clomid for infertility. My period is usually every 25 days average. I was told to start the clomid on day 5 of my cycle. Today is day 27 and I have no period. I took a HPT but it came up negative. A week before I was very crampy and bloated. Could it be that...

View more questions Search