Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trilby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2013, 04:05 AM
    Broken ankle - when can I drive again
    I broke the 2 bones either side of my right ankle on 11th January, I am now walking without assistance am I all right to drive again?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 9, 2013, 04:08 AM
    We can't judge that trilby; we don't know how good your bones were to start with and I strongly suggest you got back to your doctor for a final determination.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 9, 2013, 07:29 AM
    Your doctor should have told you this... if not, ask him. I had a broken knee cap and my doctor told me what I could and couldn't do and how long I had to wait to do things.
    sharkkiller1 Posts: 55, Reputation: 10

Apr 16, 2013, 11:31 PM
    You should ask your doctor but if it doesn't hurt you should be able to drive unless your clutching an 18 wheeler or heavy equipment
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2013, 07:02 AM
    Who told you that you could not drive to start with ? I know people who drive with left foot,
    ( two people who do not even have a right foot)

So did the doctor restrct you from driving.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken Ankle Joint [ 2 Answers ]

I fractured my ankle join a few weeks back. I'm walking normally now and have no cast or crutches but I'm getting physio therapy on it. He gave me some exercises to do at home but I really don't notice any improvement. I work walking arounf for 4 hours per day and I'm usually very active. ...

Broken ankle problem [ 1 Answers ]

I broke my ankle about 5 weeks ago and a few days later had 11 screws and a plate put in surgically on the outside of my left ankle. I have not been in a ton of pain recently, just discomfort. However, around 4:00 today I experienced sharp pain and increased discomfort. I iced it and took some pain...

Ankle surgery broken tibia/fibula [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I broke my tibia/fibula and had ankle surgery needing plates and screws etc.. This was in January and I was not able to put any weight on that leg/foot for 3mos. Now I have a cam boot and have started to apply weight as tolerated with a walker or crutches. I have started PT and am in so much...

How long does a Broken Ankle take to heal? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I broke my Ankle in January 2009, both of the bones and had an operation and got nine screws put in and I finally got a job and during the day it swells up, but on the next morning it is a lot better, any advise what I can do to make it better, besides not walking, I have a job where I sit...

Can I sue my dad's homeowners insurance for my fall resulting in a broken ankle? [ 10 Answers ]

I recently fell and broke my ankle. The accident occurred while I was visiting my parents home. My dad was shampooing the carpet and left a large amount of water on the tile directly below the staircase. As I came down the stairs I slipped on the wet tile and broke my ankle in three places. I...

View more questions Search