Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BarrelRacinGrl Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Mar 20, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Two Questions here.
    Hi,

My name is Kelly, and for those who have already read my earlier post-- thank you for your help. However I have a couple of additional questions...

1. I've noticed an increase in acne... is that also a pregnancy symptom?:confused:

2. My dad is a great dad but... if I am pregnant, how can I break it to him without him freaking out on me?:confused:

Thanks!
    Kris1013 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Mar 20, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Hello... I'm 7 weeks along and just found out. And I'm not 100% positive that acne is a sign, but I have noticed in the last 2 weeks that mine has started up again... (I haven't had acne in about 7 years!)... so it is a possibility. I think for most women pregnancy clears up acne... but I'm no expert.

And as for the dad question... I was a little worried about telling my dad, and when I did he wasn't very happy... but after about 10 minutes he said to me "I love you with all my heart and I always have, and any child you have I will love the same as I have loved you." He is a great dad, and I understand his concerns, like any normal father, but it hurt a little at first. But I'm okay now that I know he'll still love me and my child just the same. But to your question, you could get him a "World's greatest grandpa!" t-shirt and see if a compliment to him would lighten the blow a little... just a suggestion... I just called my dad and told him I had some news for him, asked if he was sitting down, and said "YOU'RE GOING TO BE A GRANDPA...." Good luck with your future pregnancy!

Take good care,
    Kris :D
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 08:14 AM
    As far as the acne, this isn't a explicit sign of pregnancy, but it can be an accompanying symptom. Usually its in odd places too, like your back, and such. But it could easily be signs of pms, or just plain clogged pores. I haven't read your earlier post yet, but until you get a positive test result, whether hpt, or blood test, then there is no way of knowing. As far as your Dad goes, it will be a big shock to him. It will be hard for him to take in. Not because he is mad at you, or does not love you, but more likely because he is mad at himself. As parents, when something goes wrong with your kids, you immediately blame yourself, and ask " what did I do wrong. what could I have done differently to prevent this" I do not believe he will love you any less, especially if he is such a wonderful Daddy. But it will take him a little time to come around. Just sit him down, and tell him in a mature fashion. Make sure he knows that you understand what this means for your life in the future, and that you understand it will be a difficult adjustment for the both of you. Tell him your fears, and your hopes. Just talk to him. If you take the time to sit down with him and talk to him in a mature manner, it will go much more smoothly, then if he found out on his own. Good luck and best wishes
    Jessicaw Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2007, 04:26 PM
    I am almost 7months pregnant, and I was breaking out like crazy in the beginning. Not only my face, but my back and chest too so It is a possibility. A helpful website for pregnancy is Babycenter.com, I have been on there since day one of my pregnancy. And as far as your dad goes, it may not go as bad as you think. I was terrified to tell my father and didn't until I was about 4 months along. H ewas OK with it, in fact after a day or two when it sank in, he was excited and really happy, he even went to my ultrasound with me. So keep your head up I am sure things will go well for you!
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Mar 21, 2007, 08:15 PM
    I'm just 5weeks 4days pregnant and I noticed a rather big increase in acne on my face and chest. Heartburn is really the worst! When you tell your dad (if you are pregnant) just make sure you tell him face to face. I haven't told either of my parents because I live 10 hours away. I am very fortunate to have already planned a trip back home in about 2.5 weeks, so as long as everything looks good on my first ultrasound I will get to tell them each personally. I agree with Buggage, however you tell him make sure that he knows you understand what this means for your future. Also let him know what you plan to do education/career wise. Dads tend to find that important. Just remember that he loves you very much, and after a bit of time he will be excited to have a grandbaby. Good luck. Let us know when you find out.
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Mar 22, 2007, 10:34 AM
    I was wondering that too. I still don't know if I'm pregnant or not (I could actually be 10 weeks now) and I have the worst acne I have had in years!
    zelda Posts: 83, Reputation: 0

Mar 31, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrelRacinGrl
    Hi,

My name is Kelly, and for those who have already read my earlier post-- thank you for your help. however I have a couple of additional questions...

1. I've noticed an increase in acne... is that also a pregnancy symptom?:confused:

2. My dad is a great dad but... if I am pregnant, how can I break it to him without him freaking out on me?:confused:

Thanks!
    Acne is a symptom... mine went away when I got pregnant.. how old is the father and why would he freak out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

UK Questions [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hi everyone, I am relatively new to this site, but enjoytrying to anser questions. Only problem is, a lot of the questions I am reading, have been generated from The States or Australia etc. Is there a way, that I can filter out questions asked from the UK Only, as trying to answer a...

Few questions [ 6 Answers ]

I live in NY and work as consultant in NJ. My employer (sponsorer) office is in NH. 1)Can I itemize deductions for commute expenses from my home in NY to work place (where I worked as consultant)? 2) My employer cut tax of NJ. Do I have to file NY tax return also? -Mukul

4 different questions [ 3 Answers ]

:) - Do you consider abortions done by teenaged girls a moral option? -Is sexual preference a matter of a persons private moral and does it have any impact on public moral life? -Do you have any suggestions as to how indiciplines and violence in schools can be altered? - Are strikes by worker...

View more questions Search