Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonilitoh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 12:59 PM
    No Water when I turn on bathtub/shower faucet
    I have not used the tub/shower faucet in some time. Today when I went to turn on the faucet, no water comes out. Help
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 01:02 PM
    You need to do some investigating and get back to us with more info. Does the toilet flush correctly, how about the water at all other faucets and toilets?
    tonilitoh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Yes, the toilet flushes and the sink in the bathroom has water also.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Time to open the tub faucet mechanism. Turn off the main, remove the handle and bezel. You should see a brass or chrome hex that can be unscrewed to remove the valve stem. Once it is out cover the opening with a towel and have a friend briefly open/close the main. Did you get pressure? If yes clean or replace your valve or cartridge.
    rewj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 11:23 AM
    [fixed leaking pipe on hot water heater this am. Turned off hot water to house and electric to heater. Opened spigots in house during repair to prevent air in lines when turned back on. Did repair and all spigots work except the one in bedroom bath. Water only comes out in trickle.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2010, 12:30 PM

Rewj,

This is 3 years old post I responded to your other post, Thanks.

John
    dwilkes30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 03:20 PM
    I have to turn my bath tub fauset half way on before water comes out, what is the problem?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2011, 04:03 PM

Dwilkes,

You have to start your own post that it will have more visibility that someone will respond to you, and you need to put some more details, like the brand and the model number of your faucet and it just happened or it was like this from beginning, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mildew smelling water when I first turn on faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I have been in my house about a year and a half. It was built in 2005. We noticed after the first month, that the water smelled like mildew in our downstairs bathroom. If we let the water run for about 10-15 seconds, the smell would be gone. We thought it was kind of strange, but none of our...

Water suppressor needed on lavatory faucet and shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Are water suppressors needed in the bathroom sink faucet and the shower stub out also? And can you just use a length of pipe on a T, or must you use those copper chambers? (cpvc system) thanks

Warm water only from bathtub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed an unanswered question about the bathtub faucet only putting out warm water. I have the same issue. I have reviewed responses but I don't know how to tell if there is a scald feature on my faucet or not. Do you have to remove the post to figure this out?

Bathtub drains: water comes up in shower [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, We are renovating our upstairs bathroom. Originally it had just a whirlpool tub, and now it has the same tub plus a separate shower beside it. We're testing the plumbing to make sure everything works before closing up the walls (& the ceiling below). The bathtub and shower connect to...

Can't turn off hot water in shower [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get the valve out to replace the washer in a 30 year old house? I thought I could open it all the way and screw it out but it doesn't want to come out. Am I doing it wrong or is there a trick? Don't want to bust the old copper pipe in the wall if I can help it. Thanks!

View more questions Search