Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bredin01 Posts: 71, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 08:20 AM
    2000 Toyota Sienna Questions
    I have 2 issues to ask about please. 1) I keep getting a PO 0420 code, off and on, about every 6 months. I have replaced all of the O2 sensors and the cat. Converter but this still occurs. Any advice? 2) I have some occasionally white, "oily" smelling smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe for a few seconds after starting it, after the mortor has been off for a while. I checked the oil after a recent oil change, after about 10 days of driving and it was about 1/4th of a quart low. Should I be concerned? What could this be? (There does not appear to be any visible leaks anywhere).
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2013, 09:25 AM
    White smoke is often a sign of coolant being burned. Did the engine ever overheat? If so, the aluminum head may have warped, causing the head gasket to leak. Have each cylinder's compression tested and a leak down test performed.
    bredin01 Posts: 71, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 09:35 AM
    The engine has never overheated and the white smoke has more of an oily smell than a coolant smell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace a starter solenoid on a Toyota Sienna minivan [ 1 Answers ]

How to replace s starter solenoid on a 2006 Toyota Sienna minivan. It's location.

2011 Toyota Sienna LE Oil Change [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2011 Toyota Sienna LE V6 minivan. The van is reaching 100,000 miles. I want to know should I still use 0W-20 oil for the engine or do I need to change the weigh of the oil because the vehicle has high miles.

2000 Toyota Sienna MPG Issue [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone offer advice as to why my mpg has suddenly decreased from an average 18 mpg down to 13mpg? I have checked and had completed all of the obvious things like a tune up, air filter, O2 sensors, exhaust check, etc. It has about 129K on it.

2000 toyota celica gt [ 3 Answers ]

I've had it tested and the error code is p1310 and p0303 I've tested the volts coming from the ecm they are between .5 and 4.5 the ignition coil has 12v going to it. I even looked at the fuel injector and cleaned it out. I also replaced the number 3 ignition coil and it idled worse. When you...

Oil light flashing on 2000 toyota sienna [ 1 Answers ]

I have checked the oil level and it's okay. I don't know if it is the oil pump or not, does anyone know how I can check to see if it is the oil pump? Has anyone had this problem before because I hear that the toyota sienna's are notorious for oil sludge build up which can lead to a bad oil pump....

View more questions Search