Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zappy Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 12:58 AM
    Bad acne on face back and chest
    I have bad acne mainly on my back but on my face and chest as well.. How can I get rid of it? I wash these areas everyday and nothing seems to work.. any suggestions?
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Mar 20, 2007, 01:33 AM
    You might need a course of antibiotics. Depending on how sensitive your skin is, you may need to be careful about what fabrics you wear, anything that chaffs or rubs your skin will make the condition worse.

Don't use anti-bacterial cleansers too often - once a day is probably maximum - and make sure you use a strong enough solution to kill the bacteria. The big problem with anti-bacterials is that a few bacteria will always survive, become resistant, and then flourish - so the next time you use the anti-bacterial wash, they will be even stronger.
    Maemab Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zappy
    I have bad acne mainly on my back but on my face and chest as well.. How can I get rid of it? I wash these areas everyday and nothing seems to work.. any suggestions?
    PROACTIV really works!! I've had BAD acne in both areas as well since 8th grade, I'm now 25 and have been using proactiv for a year, it all cleared up in about 3 months, I get maybe one-three pimples around my menstrul cycle and that's IT!!
    hockeyboy7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 06:59 PM
    After u start proactive, do u have to keep using it in order to keep pimples away
    Maemab Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Well, I ran out of it and didn't have the $ for 3 months and my face seemed to handle it good. I could tell a difference in having more oil on my face but I didn't break out at all! I would recommend not going too long without it... but I haven't gone for more than 3 months without it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help. African American With Bad Acne. Help [ 32 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am a african american female with the worse acne possible. I have no idea what to do about all of this in my face. I have tried just about everything on the market and I am feeling hopeless now. At present, I am using proactiv solutions to try to clear up my face, and that seems not...

Hair around nipples, on chest, face [ 6 Answers ]

How common is it for women to have a lot of hair around their nipples (percentage)? On their chest? As I have gotten older (I'm now 42), I have gotten a lot of hair in these places, and I am also getting longer (but very thin) hair on my upper lip and more and more little black hairs on my chin....

Bad Forehead acne & Pimples, what to do? [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 14 years old, and he has really bad acne ONLY on his forehead. I know he is embarrassed, but I don't know what to do to help him. Is there something I can do to clear up his forehead of pimples?Thanks!

Red dots on chest and back [ 1 Answers ]

I have little red dots on my arms,chest,and back.They don't itch.What could it be?

My uncle & Bad chest pains. [ 4 Answers ]

My uncle was rushed into hospital this morning from work because he was having really bad chest pains. He is having tests done and I am having to wait by the phone for any news. I am really worried about him and finding it hard to concentrate. I asked my Mum what it could be and she said it...

View more questions Search