Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zappy Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 10:58 PM
    I'm stuck on someone who says not to wait on him but not to give up on him
    He tells me not to wait on him but not to give up on him.

He is in a relationship that is going down hill for the most part. He talks to me a lot about moving in with him and spending time together. We talk about our dreams and passions together and I know we both love each other VERY much.

However, its kind of like he's leading me on.. When he tells me not to wait on him.. I tell him Im not but I know I am. No one else appeals to me more then he does. I almost feel like I'd be cheating on him if I were to date another guy... Does this sound pathetic or what? Im stuck on him and I can't break free... But I don't want to either because I just KNOW (Or at leat I think I know) or at least IM BELIEVING there is a future for us...
    Barrabas Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Look at it this way zappy, let's say the future you believe in does happen, months or years from now, the same post with the same question on the same guy will be asked in here - and it won't be from you. You can choose.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2007, 12:20 AM
    Sorry but as long as he is with somebody else you should not have your eye on him.

There is a lot of double talk.

You need to realize this and let go of it. Your not cheating on him when your not actually seeing him.

Best of luck.

Joe
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Mar 20, 2007, 01:15 AM
    If he is already with someone even if it is going down hill "for the most part" part of it is still not.

You should live your life have fun if he does come then good but if he doesn't you have wasted yours waiting for him, but its up to you in the long run.

Good luck

May 7, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zappy

He is in a relationship that is going down hill for the most part. He talks to me a lot about moving in with him and spending time together. We talk about our dreams and passions together and I know we both love each other VERY much.

However, its kind of like he's leading me on.. When he tells me not to wait on him.. I tell him Im not but i know I am. No one else appeals to me more then he does. I almost feel like I'd be cheating on him if I were to date another guy... Does this sound pathetic or what? Im stuck on him and I can't break free... But I dont want to either because I just KNOW (Or at leat I think i know) or at least IM BELIEVING there is a future for us...

You know what's super amazing? All this time I have been worried and he had made me all these promises.. But now we are together and soooooooooo completeley happy... I just figured I would share the good news with you. Thanks for your help!:D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2007, 06:51 PM
    He is with someone, he is trying to make it work, if he really wanted to be with you, he would leave them and be with you. Sounds like he is either looking for a girl friend to be the "other women" or he is just being really nice trying to let you down without being rude.

But it is your life, you can waste it waiting
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 8, 2007, 01:11 AM
    He is leading you on, if he wanted to be with you he would be with you. If his relationship is so bad he wouldn't be in it.
    sexcccy013lv Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2007, 02:36 AM

However, its kind of like he's leading me on.. When he tells me not to wait on him.. I tell him Im not but i know I am. No one else appeals to me more then he does. I almost feel like I'd be cheating on him if I were to date another guy... Does this sound pathetic or what? Im stuck on him and I can't break free... But I dont want to either because I just KNOW (Or at leat I think i know) or at least IM BELIEVING there is a future for us...
    Don't stop living your life while you wait for him because you never know what will happen tomorrow you should still go out and meet other guys even if its just making a new friend because personally anything on the backburner usuals burns

May 11, 2007, 09:07 PM
    No no no.. I posted this a few weeks ago... Stressed and despaired about the whole situation. I just posted it again and quoted my answer to tell you guys that we ARE together now. That he is giving up a whole lot of everything just to be with me... I was just super excited at the moment. Thanks for all your help...

Zappy
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 12, 2007, 10:14 AM

Wake up Zappy...

Don't wait for other people to make things happen in your life.
    Time is precious...

Choose wisely...

May 12, 2007, 01:48 PM

WE ARE TOGETHER!! LOL
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 12, 2007, 02:23 PM
    You are together and he is in a relationship that is going downhill...

Now how does that work ? LOL

Sorry I am confused now :)

May 13, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsy456
    you are together and he is in a relationship that is going downhill ....

now how does that work ? LOL

sorry I am confused now :)

No lol... I posted this a while ago... But Now he chose to be with me then to be with her. Its awesome. He was sooooooooooo unhappy with her. She was soooooo mean to him... But now we are together. We have the BEST times together. In fact I am about to go spend sometime with him. Im excited. Haha..
    KyLi22 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 03:47 PM

OK honey, I was JUST going through that... worse though, because he's also my son's father...
    He would tell me he wants to move in, have a life together, etc... then he would go home, an hour a way, and tell another girl the same thing... when a guy uses that line "dont wait for me, but dont give up on me" it means they're using you as a safety net in case their relationship doesn't work... if he really loves you and wants to be with you, he wouldn't be with another woman... I got those head games for a year before I moved on... and I did, and 6 months later he was fighting like hell, telling me he couldn't lose me, and he didn't realize how much I meant to him... we worked things out and I realized I didn't have those same feelings for him anymore...

They eventually came back, but he messed up again, found another woman, and played the head games alllll over again..

Its not worth it hun, as much as it hurts, just move on... and see what happens then...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To wait or not to wait [ 15 Answers ]

Would you rather date around while waiting for the perfect person to show up, or not date at all until you meet the perfect person?

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

Will I wait for his marriage or give it up? [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever I need something to figure out, I pray. If I have decisions to make, I try to pray. But now that I am getting older, I still have problem on distinguishing answers to my prayer. I am confused. I want to get married soon and have my own family but my boyfriend of tow years seem to keep on...

Should I wait? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't seem to get the right bit of advice. Someone help me out here! For the first 10 months of our relationship, my girlfriend and I spent nearly every second together, with only a handful of little picky fights. Nothing big though. I realize that this was a mistake because we had only been...

Should I wait? [ 9 Answers ]

Well see. There is this girl, Sarah. She beautiful and kind and gorgeous. I recently started to have feelings for her. I mean I've asked her "What would you say if i asked you out" before she did say yes. But that was a whole year ago. She likes this guy named Brad. Who is a real jerk to me but...

View more questions Search