Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terencestoner68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 10:47 AM
    New light Humming
    Just bought and fitted a new light took down old one that had 3 bulbs new one has 5 just copied old wiring light works but have noticed it humming also the dimmer switch which was fitted with old light also hums is this OK or not
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Mar 11, 2013, 06:31 PM
    It's pretty common to have some slight humming when using dimmer switches. I wouldn't worry about it .
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Mar 13, 2013, 08:05 PM
    You may want to just install a new dimmer. Some of the older ones (especially the round rheostat type were very noisy. The newer ones (they look like a standard light switch but they are infinite in movement) are solid state and make no noise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Braking light, TCS light on, ABS light on for 2003 Hyundai sonata V6 [ 1 Answers ]

The braking light, TCS light on, ABS light are always on. I got it checked in car garage and they told me it is the ABS module problem and need about 400 for a used one The code is SCAN ABS, TCS MODULE C2114 HECU MODULE Anyone got some idea on it? Thank you in advance!

Why is my TV humming? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 50 in Samsung TV. I mounted it on the wall and now it is humming. It hums even when the volume is turned all the way down. I tried unplugging one component at a time and it still hums. It gets louder and softer depending on the lighting of the program. I unhooked the coax cable from...

Light Fixture is Humming [ 9 Answers ]

Newly installed light fixture is making a humming sound. Does this mean something is wrong with it or was it not installed correctly? Thank you very much.

Fluorescent light humming [ 1 Answers ]

I have a circuline fluorescent fixture in my kitchen. It started humming today, I think it may have been left on for several hours(kids). Any suggestions?

HB fan - light dimmed humming [ 3 Answers ]

I have two hampton bay redington IV fans... they have dimmable lights however, when the lights are dimmed they produce a high pitch hum.. any advice?

View more questions Search