Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunshineforever Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2013, 09:41 AM
    Sun damaged skin
    I am from India and have a medium skin tone
    I used to swim around 2 years back and have this really stubborn tan on my neck and area between shoulders and shoulder blades, Any suggestions, solutions suitable for a teenager?

I have tried home remedies but they didn't work much
    Something which is available in India would be nice

Will creams containing AHA be safe?
    If yes then any creams/lotions than you can suggest which would we available here?
    letmethink Posts: 82, Reputation: 7

Mar 8, 2013, 01:32 PM
    Try this home remedies.Don't know if u have already tried

1. take some tomato purée and mix it with 3-4 spoon lemon juice and apply on the tanned area.leave for half an hour and wash off with cold water.
    2 take about 5-6 teaspoon lemon juice and mix it with 2 tspn turmeric powder and leave for 30mintues and wash off with cold water
    Try rubbing potatoes too on tanned area

Hey don't use the turmeric powder from local stores if you are trying out this.it will only burn your skin.buy it from Ayurvedic shops

Mar 8, 2013, 09:01 PM
    Thank you !
    For the first remedy , how often should I do it?
    And after how much time should I expect results?

Mar 8, 2013, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshineforever View Post
    Thank you !
    For the first remedy , how often should i do it?
    And after how much time should i expect results?
    Try it once daily for at-least two weeks to see results.
    When I got tan some years back I tried something like this.I tried rubbing tomatoes and potatoes on the tanned area and it was gone. But not sure it will work the same way for all. Anyway give it a try.

Mar 8, 2013, 09:42 PM
    I definitely will once my exams are over, Thank you! :)

Mar 8, 2013, 09:53 PM
    Glad to know it helped :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get your skin light after already being tan by the sun [ 10 Answers ]

I finally went swimming in my pool for the first time, and I'm usually always at home out of the sun, after a days worth of swimming I went to change my cloths and realized in the mirror my skin was dark dark chocolate brown, my normal skin color is light brown, sort of like sand, and I looked...

How to recover from monobenzone damaged skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am from Dubai. My wife started monobenzone use for one year and now her face body all damaged due to continues use of 40% monobenzone from Mac-shifa, ireland. She was beautiful, now full of dark scars on her face and body. She is depressed now. But, I and my cousin used monobenzone very...

Skin lightening products for sun-damaged skin? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year-old Multiracial African American male. A little background history, my mother is of Indian and African descent and my father is of African and Mestizo Hispanic descent. My mother and her mother have fair skin (bright golden tone)-her side of the family are generally lighter toned and...

Can roofing material be damaged by sun and rain prior to installation [ 4 Answers ]

Our roofing contractor put all the material for reshingling our roof, on our roof nearly 4 weeks ago. In that time the unprotected felt has been exposed to sun and rain. Can the felt be damaged?

Skin pink spot from sun? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've posted a few months ago about having a bad sunburn, espcially on my face. I didn't get blisters but peeled 3 times! I don't normally get much sun exposure otherwise... it's usually pretty chilly in where I live. Anyway, since that one sunburn incident, I've began to find a few tiny...

View more questions Search