Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xan-Kriegor Posts: 158, Reputation: -2

Feb 14, 2013, 11:11 AM
    Windows 8 doesn't want to start up.
    I had upgraded my windows 7 home premium 2 days ago to windows 8 pro (my friend gave the upgrade to me through his USB-stick with a working activation code). Yesterday I booted up my PC and saw "preparing automatic repair" then "diagnosing your pc". I tried to start up on safe mode and it didn't matter what kind of startup I chose. It would always show the "preparing automatic repair" and so on. It's an endless circle. I don't have any image back-ups. I have somme back-ups but they don't work with Windows 8. C
    Xan-Kriegor Posts: 158, Reputation: -2

Feb 14, 2013, 11:15 AM
    Extra: I want to restore it so I can downgrade it again to a Windows 7 pro. Because Windows 8 is ununderstandable and is useless to study IT. It's not recommended to use it.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 14, 2013, 11:34 AM
    Assuming you simply did an in place upgrade you may have the option to run a system restore to recovery your Win7 OS.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 14, 2013, 04:09 PM
    It is also possible that it recognizes that your computer is not the computer the upgrade was meant for. So it is trying to figure out what to do. Often times that code is tied to a specific class of computer unless you purchase the generic copy from a store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace doesn't come on.blower doesn't start [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Goodman Furnace GMP075-04 about 9 years old.. it doesn't come on when I switch my thermostat to heat... I replace the ignitor last year and it worked fine until now... blower doesn't come on either... I tried turning the air conditioner on and it works fine... I have went through the...

'97 toyota tercel won't start it turns the motor over but doesn't want to start? [ 3 Answers ]

I have checked fuel pump and changed spark plugs. I have know idea why it won't start or is hard to get started. When it does finally start it runs great so I think that would rule out the timing belt. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Honda civic 95 engine doesn't start. Starter doesn't turn over; Battery new and Teste [ 1 Answers ]

Honda civic 95 engine doesn't start. Starter doesn't turn over; Battery new and Tested; Headlights ggod. Starter replaced. Starter does not spin, Starts OK EVERY TIME if battery jumper used to start car. Relays chatter once car started; chatter goes away if car put in gear or brake applied

View more questions Search