Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dancer6105 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 03:42 PM
    What is the Best Way to Sell My Deceased Father's House?
    Hello All,
    I'm the Personal Representative for my late father's estate. He had a will and I'm currently completing the Probate Court process to settle his estate. My father left me and my older sister the house in South Carolina. We both agreed to sell it and split the proceeds. My question is whether to have the house Deeded to me and my sister OR to sell it as the Personal Representative. I'm concerned about the Capital Gains Tax. The house is paid for and I just paid the property taxes a few months back. I'm hoping with the arrival of spring to sell the house soon since I live in another state. Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 03:46 PM
    I see no reason to deed it to yourself, it can just as well be sold from the estate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probate Law: How do I sell a car whose title still has my deceased husband's name? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My father died in December rather unexpectedly. He and my mom lived in Louisiana (Napoleanic code, etc.), and my mom wants to sell their two old cars to get a newer model. However, my dad's name is on the titles of the two cars, not my mom's. How does she go about removing his name from...

Can I sell my house during bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Can I sell my house during bankruptsy and can the court ger my equity?

Need To Sell My House [ 3 Answers ]

My house is on the market and we need to sell before we lose it to foreclosure, how long do I have to try to sell it before we lose it? It is not official yet, but possible this month if we do not catch up on past payments. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Stock in Deceased Father's Name [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found some stock certificates in my deceased father's name. He passed away about 10 years ago. The certificates are for 40,000 shares of Combined Penny Stock Fund, Inc. I found out that Combined Penny Stock Fund Inc. recently liquidated for $.01 per share. (Giving these stock...

View more questions Search