Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 11:44 AM
    1099-C form IRS
    Hello
    About 2 years ago I was approached by a person regarding a business loan. I accepted a loan form this person in the amount of 67K by a check. This was made out to my LLC and deposited into my business checking account. I waited the required amount of time set by the bank before the fund were accessed. 3o days later it turns out that the check was stolen and forged. I filed a police report and it turns out that the check was stolen out of Canada. Because the bank cannot do anything legally to me and I was a victim of fraud they have sent me a 1099-C form. What am I expected to do now ?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Challenge the Form 1099-C with the IRS; it is NOT a valid use of the Form 1099-C. Call the IRS Fraud and Abuse Hotline.

The bank is being vindictive and stupid; the IRS takes a dim view of such abuses, however, and they should get the problem resolved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 form [ 3 Answers ]

I was told that I would not receive a 1099 form from an employer if I earned less than $600.00. I in fact earned $400. So, If I don't receive a 1099, do I need to claim this as income? Thanks for any help. Gianni

IRS W-7 Form clarification [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1 and will be filing the Fed Tax as "married filing jointly" with my wife. I would need to submit a W-7 for my wife (on H4) as she does not have SSN. Looking at the revised W-7 at the IRS site - I want to know what's the correct option for my wife - for applying for ITIN Option (c) -...

1099-C form [ 1 Answers ]

Good Morning I have received a 1099-C form and I have no clue what this is and why I got it and how it will affect my taxes is this a Form they are taking the money from the debt it does say cancellation of Debt but just not sure how this works and what or why I am getthing this. Could you please...

1099-G Form [ 4 Answers ]

I just received a 1099-G form in the mail and in box 2 shows a dollar amount and box 3 from year 2005. What is this for? I have my taxes done by an accountant every year. Would this be his mistake if I have to pay?

1099-C form [ 1 Answers ]

I am on a fixed income and I had a credit card amount of about $6000.00 written off by them because of my recent disability and lack of funds. I did pay them half . So now we are even, but they sent me a letter stating they are required by Internal Revenue code, section 6050P to report this...

View more questions Search