Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubbles2033 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 10:52 AM
    Constipation
    I took ampicillin 250mg around 12am but I am constipated and I want to take a laxative is it OK to take it 12hours later?
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 30, 2013, 11:34 AM
    Yes. Some antibotics do cause that. I use Senna, a natural laxative, with the Store brand, like Dollar General, or Family Dollar, etc. It doesn't cost as much as the brand name, but it's the same thing. Any laxative will be O'K. It's your choice. Good luck.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2013, 10:32 AM
    Sam, please don't give medical advice if you aren't a medical professional.

This child should not take ANYTHING without consulting the Physician who prescribed the antibiotics OR she should ask her Pharmacist.

Your advice could be dangerous.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2013, 09:29 AM
    Diarrhea is a known side effect of this medication, not constipation.

This person needs to discuss the problem with a Physician. She had taken 1 dose 12 hours ago and has no idea if diarrhea will result. Taking a laxative on top of possible diarrhea is not safe.

I realize this is not what your Doctor told you, but I am not certain you were on the same medication under the same circumstances - 1 dose, constipated 12 hours later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constipation [ 2 Answers ]

What's the easiest way to stop constipation and to create regular bowel movements?. I've been constipated really bad during this week and my tummy now feels sore and hard,any help would be appreciated.. thanks

Constipation [ 1 Answers ]

Constipation What and what not to eat! Any advice?

Constipation [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've consitpation problem from the last 5-6 months. Suggest what should I take or eat to prevent from the constipation. Regards, Sanch

Is it or is it not constipation? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6wk. Old lab, male who has a bowel movement, but very small. Is this normal? Before coming home he was being fed 3 times a day. Dry food with a small amount of wet food. Is this too much and could this be why he is producing a small amount?

Possible constipation? [ 1 Answers ]

For the past day and a half, until this morning, my dog hasn't had any major bowel movements. He was pretty regular before (once on his morning walk and once on his before-bed walk)- it looked like he was trying to go, but couldn't. I remember reading about how exercise helps their digestive...

View more questions Search