Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greenfalcon007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 02:50 AM
    Child support
    If I live in virginia and my ex lives in Michigan, where do I change my child support. Its currently under Texas where we both lived. With us living so far away, I can't afford to pay 700, and pay to get and return the kids to Michigan. I am no longer in the military and also make less money with a new wife and child to also care for. All I make is va disability and money for going to college. I'm 70% dissabled. Any other advice would also help to see my kids more. Have not seen them in a year due to money issues
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2013, 04:04 AM
    If the kids are in MI, then MI has jurisdiction. If your circumstances have changed (i.e. lower income), then you file for a modification.

As for seeing your children, If you can't afford to visit in person, you can use Skype, e-mail and social media to at least keep contact.
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 28, 2013, 07:15 AM
    Your wife has the children in MI? Then you will need to see a lawyer in MI, to get anything done in court. The court will also be in MI. I am sorry you have to go to all this trouble, but it's about the only way anything can be changed. If you can't afford to see your children, then maybe you can call them now and then and talk with them. That also would be up to your ex-wife, probably. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my child support for my child be cut if my child receives a benifiary ssi check [ 2 Answers ]

I am receiving child support for my daughter, her father has recently been approved for ssi disability in Tennessee.he has signed her up for benefits also will my child support be takenm away if she gets a check also from his disability?

Can child support levy a bank account if you are paying child support weekly [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriends name is on my checking acct. He also has his own account. He is paying weekly child's support from his pay check to the state of NH by court order. Massachusetts child support put a levy on all of my account and all of his account. None of the money ($1669.90) in my account was his. I...

I don't pay child support to mother, but I support my child.. [ 5 Answers ]

I don't pay child support, but I support my child financially.. Example, school materials, clothes, food, active bank account,personal materials, could I still get in trouble with legal issues?

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Can my sons father get out of child support, or back child support? [ 2 Answers ]

The paternity was established for my son at 6 months of age.. will the father have to pay the past 6 months?

View more questions Search