Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tezza69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Emotional Incest - Mother & Son
    My former boyfriend of almost 8 years has an overbearing mother that controls him emotionally in everyway. She puts him down saying that he is an embarrassment to her because he has not finished college, is overweight etc.

He calls her every night asking her questions on how he should live in life and his finances. She disliked me and because of this my ex used to physically abuse me because of the stress.

Their bond is so unhealthy to the point that when he visits her or vice versa he sleeps with her (not sexual). When I went to the supermarket with them once I have even seen them hold hands.

She advised my ex that if we were to get married, she told him that she would not leave him any money in her will for him, and he is her only child.

My ex ended up cheating on me with a girl that his mother approves of, and in less than 2 months they are already engaged, when I was with him for almost 8 years and we got no where near close to that.

His mother is currently going through a divorce and soon she will be living with my ex and his new bride once it is all finalised. He puts his mother as no. 1 and his spouse no. 2. He is 27 years old.

Can you see my ex changing his ways?

He is obviously very emotionally attached to his mother, this is a bond even I could not change over all those years when I was with him, the whole ordeal has effected me mentally and I am now seeking counselling for it.
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Mar 16, 2007, 10:46 PM
    You should be happy you are out of that. He is weak and not worth your time. Move on. Happiness is free.
    MadamButterfly Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Mar 17, 2007, 12:14 AM
    I wouldn't say that he is weak, rather, that he seems to be a very dependent person. Whether that is due to nurture or nature I can't say, however, I do agree with atyourservice that you shouldn't allow yourself to feel weighted down by all this.
    I can only sympathize with you, that you were treated so badly because the man you were involved with was so attatched to his mother. And, I can only encourage you to try and move on, to submerge yourself completely in your hobbies, or activities.
    I don't think you ex will change, I don't think that he will become an independent individual, however, that does not mean that you have to suffer. You need to let go, and begin living your life again.

Carpe diem. Seize the day.

-m
    doakley0010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 03:46 PM
    Remember, his mother raised him to be completely dependent on her however, it is and always has been his choice whither or not to allow her to do these things.Not surprised about the divorce these enmeshed relationships are the product of unsatisfying marriages the children become the "covert" spouse. Be glad you are out she will never let him go, he is her love and he likes it! They are sick!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terminating all my right as my son mother [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what steps to go in give all my rights in being my son mother. My son is 14 teen now, he very disrespectful, lazy and don't listen. I am tired of him fight with his sibling (fight them all time). He starts trouble between me and my finance. Goes back to his Grandparent and Father...

Mother & pup separated after 9 years [ 2 Answers ]

I had two Labrador Retrievers the mother 12 years old and her pup of 9 years old, I had to have the mother put to sleep a couple of days ago because of cancer. The pup has never been away from her mother her whole life, she has been very sad, not much appetite. Would it be a good idea to get...

Ex wants to Move & Take Son [ 4 Answers ]

I live in CA (with my wife of 7 years, our 2 children, and my step-son) and I have joint legal and 33% physical custody of my 8 year-old son with my ex-girlfriend (even though I get him a lot more than 33%, that percentage is what is on the court orders). My ex recently married a man in the Army,...

Incest [ 11 Answers ]

Hey people... I am 23 male from india... I'm love with my aunt she 40... she is my dad's brother's wife... I'm sexually attacted to him... I love her smell and body.. it makes me hard... I mastrubate on her panty and nighty... sugeest me what should I do... approch her for forget her( which would...

Will mother and son know each other? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old male cat. We got him from my grandfather who still has the mother and the sister. They were together until he was about 4 months old. If I brought my cat to see the mother and the sister, would he still recognize them? I would like to bring them together again but, I don't...

View more questions Search