Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missy teddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2013, 11:19 AM
    I am 18, should I have sex with my boyfriend? He is 21.
    We have been going out for the past 3 yrs. And one day he asked for sex, but I said no. But he keeps on asking and I am afraid I might lose him or he might go get it somewhere else. I am scared cause I love him.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 11:21 AM
    NEVER give sex to supposedly get love or to keep a guy around. It doesn't work that way, and will actually work just the opposite.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2013, 11:42 AM
    NO one should engage in sexual intercourse until they are prepared to have a child. So you ask him whether he wants to be a father.

No form of birth control is 100% effective, so engaging in sexual intercourse carries the risk of pregnancy.

And I agree with WG's comment. If he is pressuring you, tell him to stop. Tell him you do not want to engage in sex until you are ready. If this is a make or break thing with him, better to know now.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 11:53 AM
    Fear of losing someone is the wrong reason to have sex. If you have to be pressured into it, you are not ready.
    Should you do it? No!
    Thirdtime Posts: 73, Reputation: 5

Jan 14, 2013, 12:25 AM
    Think properly and ask all relevant questions to him about the consequences. What happens if you got pregnant and he walks away? Don't give yourself and your future away easily!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2013, 04:36 AM
    No, if he really loves you, he will not leave you just because you do not have sex. If you want to wait till after college or wait till marriage, that is what you tell him, or just say NO I am not ready.

If you lose him for this, he did not love you anyway.
    fulgur Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Jan 14, 2013, 08:56 AM
    Uhmph... he asked, asks and will keep asking... its quite natural... but asking for it is one thing insisting and trying to pressure you into doing it its another...

Just the fact that you have doubts and ask "should i do it?" is reason enough for NO as an answer... The fact that you would want to do that to keep him around is a second reason for a NO, simply won't work (as you have already been told)... If you tell him you aren't ready he should get it and give you more time. And I suppose you're talking about intercourse...
    And if he is still so immature to not give you time and go somewhere else then he wasn't that great of a guy to begin with, at 21 he should know better, I know that it doesn't sound good at your age but with time you will understand it
    louise1928 Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Jan 15, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Sex is not about making people happy and too stop them from leaving you, it's about love. Does he love you? Even then sex has its other consequences like possibly children are you ready for that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend and I haven't had sex in 3 months- how long would you go without sex? [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend doesn't want to have sex with me at all anymore. I am very sexual, and I am soooooo into him. I'm in my early twenties, he's about a decade older than me. We've been & lived together for a while. Even when we did have sex, he was always uncomfortable with it. He has some personal...

My best friend had sex with my boyfriend while she had her own boyfriend.. [ 11 Answers ]

I was away one weekend and my best friend and my boyfriend met up and had sex. Nobody told me, my whole friendship group knew about it but nobody said anything to me because 'it wasn't their business to tell'. Some friends they are.. So I was still with my boyfriend and still best friends with...

Boyfriend isn't interested in sex/turned off by me initiating sex? [ 18 Answers ]

I'm at my wit's end and need help! Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years just moved in together 3 months ago. We've had our ups and downs and have made it through a lot of tough times together. In the beginning of the relationship we had sex as much as possible. We were...

Why does my boyfriend not want to have sex when I suggest having sex? [ 34 Answers ]

When I suggest having sex my boyfriend makes a face or he says mayb later ( when later comes I don't ) its not just once or twice in a blue moon he does it, I understand he could be tired or playing his ps3 or he just doesn't want to but its every time I want to have sex its going on months now its...

Boyfriend says he wants sex but won't have sex [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years now. We have had cycles of a lot of sex then barely any sex, mainly the latter. I am a very sexual person and want it all the time, he says he wants it but there's always an excuse (stomach hurts, too tired, too sore, maybe later, etc.) He was...

View more questions Search