Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ty_moat Posts: 10, Reputation: -1

Jan 7, 2013, 01:18 AM
    How long will alcohol last in my system. EtG and standard.
    I drank five shots of tequilla at 8:30 pm. I'm 24 years old, 175 pounds, and 6 foot. I work out daily, and drink water con sistantly regardless. How long do I have till I'm in the clear for standard and EtG urine analysis?

Threads Merged
    Anonymous9175 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2013, 02:04 AM
    Here's a very good website for you to determine how fast you will burn your alcohol.

How Long Does Alcohol Stay in the Body?

I hope that helps.

Jan 7, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Got a ua in a couple hours, need sum good news.
    I drank an equivalent of one standard drink . Four small shots, at 8:00 last night. I'm 24. 175 pounds , run 3 miles a day , 6 feet tall. I've drank 6 bottles of water , and a bottle of vitimin water with niacin. I have a test in 3 hours... am I looking at a failure? Any advice is appreciated. Would they inform u if u take ETG?

Threads Merged
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 02:21 PM
    You're likely to fail this one.

Jan 7, 2013, 02:29 PM
    If I piss diluted they make me retest in 2 days, should I go that route?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 7, 2013, 02:31 PM
    We will NOT offer assistance with fooling a drug test in this manner.
    If you have such a problem that you need to go to such lengths then you need professional help and consoling.

Jan 7, 2013, 02:35 PM
    Hold up hold up , who do you think your talking to like that? this is for a new job, I enjoyed my new years, so do itself a favor, and never talk out the side of your neck to me like that again. Jus cause you sit behind a in computer, and never deal with actual confrontations in life . Doesn't mean you get to talk like you can handle itself. You don't know me. And it would be wise to keep your mouth shut. Understand me.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 7, 2013, 02:58 PM
    If that's the case why not simply TELL the tester what has happened rather than trying to cover up for things like this.
    Don't you think it would make more sense to start a new job with a honest approach ?

I also suggest you have a read of some of the other testing related posts on this board.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ty_moat View Post
    Hold up hold up , who do u think ur talkin to like that?, this is for a new job, I enjoyed my new years, so do itself a favor, and never talk out the side of your neck to me like that again. Jus cause u sit behind a in computer, and never deal with actual confrontations in life . Doesn't mean u get to talk like u can handle itself. You don't know me. And it would be wise to keep ur mouth shut. Understand me.
    You don't have the right to be rude. And if you are trying to get a new job, you better make sure you think before you speak, and use better spelling. Your post shows a lot about you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2013, 04:19 PM
    Hold up hold up , who do u think ur talkin to like that?, this is for a new job, I enjoyed my new years, so do itself a favor, and never talk out the side of your neck to me like that again. Jus cause u sit behind a in computer, and never deal with actual confrontations in life . Doesn't mean u get to talk like u can handle itself. You don't know me. And it would be wise to keep ur mouth shut. Understand me.
    It doesn't matter whether it's a new job or an existing one. The fact is that you knew a test was a possibility, yet that didn't stop you from "enjoying your new years". If enjoying your new years meant imbibing a significant amount of alcohol that you risk failing an employment test, then you do have a problem. This site has more ethics than you apparently do. It is against site rules to aid in the contravention or breaking of any laws.

It is also against site rules to launch a personal attack against other members, as you have done, because you didn't like the response you got. You have been rude, insulting and vulgar. Such behavior will not be tolerated here and such behavior will not help you in the business world.
    carterz Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2013, 04:38 PM
    Most employers do not test for alcohol during pre-employment. And I have never heard of an employer doing an EtG test for pre-employment, although anything is possible. We only test for alcohol on current employees if there is reasonable suspicion that they are intoxicated at work. Most employers do a 5 or 10 panel drug screen for pre-employment, so I'll bet you're just fine (unless you are unable to pass a drug screen).
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 04:43 PM
    Most employers do not test for alcohol during pre-employment.
    Every job I have ever had tested. Oh, but I hold professional jobs.
    carterz Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2013, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Every job I have ever had tested. Oh, but I hold professional jobs.
    Every job you have had has done pre-employment EtG testing? Wow, I have been in Human Resources, Staffing, and Recruiting for 11 years and have never once heard of an employer who does pre-employment EtG testing. I am currently in Human Resources at a hospital, a professional job.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 04:58 PM
    Today 03:18 AM
    Ty_moat how long will alcohol last in my system. EtG and standard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I drank five shots of tequilla at 8:30 pm. I'm 24 years old, 175 pounds, and 6 foot. I work out daily, and drink water con sistantly regardless. How long do I have till I'm in the clear for standard and EtG urine analysis?
    I drank an equivelant of one standard drink . Four small shots, at 8:00 last night. I'm 24. 175 pounds , run 3 miles a day , 6 feet tall. I've drank 6 bottles of water , and a bottle of vitimin water with niacin. I have a test in 3 hours ... am I looking at a failure? Any advice is appreciated. Would they inform you if u take ETG?
    this is for a new job, I enjoyed my new years, .
    You might not like what I have to say, but I hope think about it.

I don't know what the test results will show. I will say that you need to stop and do some serious thinking. You haven't been straight with us about how much you drank or really when you drank it. If you were still celebrating the New Year last night, then you were partying a week longer than the rest of us.

Then there is the amount you drank. Why change the amounts if you aren't trying to convince someone of something? Us or yourself doesn't matter. It still shows there is an issue.

I hope everything turns out for the best for you. If get the job, don't let relief cause you to mess up. If you don't pass the test and/or get the job, stop and think. Be certain you aren't trying to give yourself excuses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How long does alcohol stay in the system for an EtG test? [ 4 Answers ]

I was just curious as to how long alcohol would remain detectable on an EtG test... I had 3 microbrews and 3 shots of whiskey over 4 hours, I'm 32 and weigh 225 and am moderately active. Just wondering roughly how long this would be detectable in my system, thanks!

How long does alcohol take to leave your system? EtG test [ 2 Answers ]

I drank 3 Oz of wine 2 days ago and one Oz yesterday. I have a drug test and it is a urine test. I have a fast metabolism and I also exercise daily. Should I be worried?

How Long Does A Standard UA Detect Alcohol ? [ 1 Answers ]

How To Beat A Standard UA, And Does Drinking Water Help?

How long till alcohol leaves system for ETG [ 1 Answers ]

I took about a shot on Friday and a swing on Saturday I did an ETG Monday morning at 8'oclock I weigh 140 should I be worried?

View more questions Search