Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sasha_1 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Feb 7, 2008, 01:28 PM
    USCIS laws varies for different cases for visa. Since you are a US citizen, I am not sure with what visa she can come, probably dependent or she can directly apply for green card. In either case, it should not take 1 year to process it.

If you don't marry, she will have to come on a visitor visa and would need a sponsor - meaning, a person in USA who is willing to bring her to USA for a short time, has enough in bank to support her and sponsor her medical insurance. That person would most likely should be you or her sister in USA. This visa may take months to process, yes, ton of paperwork, and may get rejected even.

Best to check with a lawyer.

On another note, with all due respect to you, if I am a 42 year old man, and a woman almost half my age tells me she loves me without even seeing me, then I would probably not trust her love. But I don't see any negative intentions on her part except for - probably looking for a better life in USA.

And if you love her and think it's worth sharing your life with her, then I don't see any harm in this marriage.

Good luck!
    jungletamer Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Iam married to a Philippine lady myself and she has 8 siblings.When I first met her she worked 2 jobs as a teacher and a principal.We would have spent about $5000 on our wedding that includes the cost of wedding gown and rings.We had 120 invited guests but on the day we had an extra 20 extra gusts, which is normal there.We live in Australia its quicker here to get married there for visa but I know its quicker in the US for a fiancé visa.I hope this helps,we are very happy here and my wife is now teaching here too!
    USAguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 03:47 PM
    I married 2 Cebu Filipinas. I was victom of fraud marriage. I have ALL the federal Government and the President of the Philippines and cannot get this girl out of the USA.
    If they are materialistic it will NEVER change, just gets worse. If you pass by children on the street who slept in the street and had no food and spend $2000 to act fancy and get married WHAT does that say about the person you marry? What kind of unconserned person would do that? Is this the concern she will give to you in America? Think about it? I a think I would definite NOT even met this girl. I might marry filipina #3 BUT I would NEVER marry a girl who wanted to spend money on a WEDDING when her fellow countrymen were hungry in the street It makes me want to vomit to think about it. I spent $46,000 on my last Filipina wife and she left me in 20 months with lawyers asking money from the marriage and immigration lawyers. The age thing is not the problem I am 60 and the girls 20. It is the quality of the girl. No decent human being would dress fancy and walk past hungry children sleeping in the street to show off in a fancy wedding. And if she says it's a marriage to God ? What would god say as you walk past the children all dressed up and they have no food. Think about it ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by USAguy
    i married 2 Cebu Filipinas. I was victom of fraud marriage. I have ALL the federal Government and the President of the Philippines and cannot get this girl out of the USA.
    If they are materialistic it will NEVER change, just gets worse. If you pass by children on the street who slept in the street and had no food and spend $2000 to act fancy and get married WHAT does that say about the person you marry? What kind of unconserned person would do that? Is this the concern she will give to you in America? Think about it? I a think I would definate NOT even met this girl. I might marry filipina #3 BUT i would NEVER marry a girl who wanted to spend money on a WEDDING when her fellow countrymen were hungry in the street It makes me want to vomit to think about it. I spent $46,000 on my last Filipina wife and she left me in 20 months with lawyers asking money from the marriage and immigration lawyers. The age thing is not the problem i am 60 and the girls 20. It is the quality of the girl. No decent human being would dress fancy and walk past hungry children sleeping in the street to show off in a fancy wedding. And if she says its a marriage to God ? What would god say as you walk past the children all dressed up and they have no food. Think about it ?

This interests me - why do you think a 20 year old girl would be interested in a 60 year old man other than money and/or power are attractive to her?

I think the age thing IS the problem.
    USAguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 05:11 PM
    OK let me make myself clear. I married 2 Cebu Filipinas and am going to marry #3 in 2008. They are NOT all whores. Someare and some are not. Poverty came make you do things you would not do, but it cannot make you ALL bad. My first marriage her parents wanted all we had. Now the new man she has is helping her bring her parents to America. I would have been better off NOT to marry her. The second girl was total scam. She had another mans baby as I wait her visa, then she left me in 20 months for the best friend of her cousins husband in USA. Total lie scam. NOW GUESS WHAT you sign this I-864 support paper and you have NO SAY SO in the I-485 change of status it backs SO THE BIG QUESTION IS how mush EDUCATION does a filipina have? Because if its A lot she will work and have a job and not make you give her money. If its NONE then you could be total screwed. I would never marry a girl without education. She has to WORK 10 years to free you from the papers in America. NOW next, its OK if she wants to get married in America. The relation just wanted to get in on free foods in the wedding. That is NOT and issue. Its OK to change her mind on come USA on a visa to marry. I have ONLY been with 2 women the last 11 years my 2 Cebu wives. But I wish I never married EITHER of them OK. I did not WANT to and tried to back out and the girls went NUTS. But in the end they hurt me. So if you have bad fellings about it then maybe she is not for you. This new girl is a nurse and she's nice. You have to TAKE A CHANCE IN LIFE but also use your head. So no even I was abused and hurt and used they are NOT all whores and bad. AND if an American went to the Philippines on some sex tour and got a girl pregnant he should be stoned or something OH WAIT they do not stone people now that was 2000 years ago,, maybe hanged or something then ? I had 6 wives 3 white ones 3 filipinas. If the relationship is not flowing good dump it. But don't run sex a lot of girls in the process OK. The best time I had in my life was have a party in Cebu an invit the poor kids who lived in the street under the bridge. They came dressed up in their best clothes they had and I stopped everything and served them food and gave them some pesos. Everyone was in SHOCK an American lowered himself to serve the poor street people, it was total great to me. Have the philippine wedding spend $3000 and have a $1000 go for EXTRA guests of food and invite the poor street kids to the wedding ACT like an American and a MAN and you will get back respect. ZGive your young wife respect and even if she were a whore she will give you respect in return, if she's a DECENT girl you will have a 2 way respect of love and caring this works both ways. Even I have been HARMED by a filipina BIG TIME remember 2 White men were in on this LIE the man who took a married woman, his white friend and also 3 white lawyers condone this evil. So that's 5 bad white people and 2 bad filipinas. So see its not BECAUSE they are Filipinas, Evil comes in many forms what ever the color. I love my new Filipina very much, I respect her, and hope we never break up. I will have to fight the whole USA government for her visa I know this. But I have 1/2 the Federal Government into this case already. GOOD GRIEF cannot anything be simple? Use your head and do what is in your heart. " Haven't you read" he replied " that at the beginnign the Creator made them male and female and said ' for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife and the two will become one flesh? So they are no longer two but one. Therefore what God has joined together let man not separate" IF you feel such a TWO bond can be made with the girl and the man WHAT EVER she is filipina, white, black ? Then that is the reason for a marriage. If you call ALL Filipinas 'whores' that would include my new virgin wife. :( I defend her honor. My X wife YES she even admits she's a whore to my face the day she left my home and went to the arms of another man. Judge not unless you also be Judged. Each person is different. Just follow the law of God and try chose someone who also does. And if evil comes like a man asks your wife to cheat and she remembers the law, and she fears God her answer will be " It is written you shall not commit adultery " and her fear of God will keep your marriage SAME FOR THE HUSBAND. If she is NOT then maybe she will be tempted by evil? I hope this makes it clear NOT all Filipinas are bad, and not all white people are bad BUT MANY ARE of both races. Ask God to provide you a decent marriage and also be yourself decent. Man who would go t the Philippines just to sleep with pretty young women have NO respect from me.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 11:04 AM
    If something don't seem right, most likely its not and if your having doubts then I would hold back on that wedding. You can marriage what if 2 or 3 years it didn't work out or even shorter, and divorces are costly and takes time so use your head.

I believe love can be found everywhere, but when its come the internet you must watch yourself and watch how you make yourself looks. Scammers prey on the weak, remember that. Also you need to follow your gut feeling because that never lie.

Good luck!
    grue Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2008, 07:46 AM
    I met a woman in the Philippines and then applied for a finace visa and we now live in Australia.
    We married a year later.
    It can work out but there are a few challenges.

Chances are there is a significant age difference? Being with someone from a different generation can make communication difficult for both of you.
    Communication difficulties can be exacerbated by language barriers and the really BIG challenge => Cultural differences.
    Attitudes, beliefs, expectations etc are all linked to cultural factors and unless you and your partner have exceptional communication skills, there are probably a few bad hair days ahead for both of you.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Personally, I would be reluctant to send any money until you have met and even then it would be linked to specific purchases.
    Unfortunately, the expectation that the man will provide is common in the Philippines.
    You will probably also discover that this 'providing' is meant to include both the immediate and extended family and maybe the neighbours.
    Make some ground rules and talk about what sort of future the two of you want and once decided, stick to those rules.
    Sooner rather than later you will probably hear the word 'seguro'. It translates as 'maybe' but is often used to mean 'yes, of course I agree with you now, but as soon as I get what I want, you can expect this agreement to end'. Cultural differences:)

Another unfortunate term is 'Tempo' or 'Tampo' (not sure of the spelling) and that one can result is serious bad hair days.
    Cebuana_1978 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 09:55 PM
    She is telling the truth, the visa processing for spousal visa if you will marry her in the Philippines it will take a year or more.. it is better to meet her first then you can tell if she really loves you, you can ask to marry you but never marry her in Phil, it is better to get a fiancé visa than spousal visa because fiancé visa will take only 7mos to a year. But if she is asking for money support from you that is scammed.. it is okay to give allowance like $100 below every month but not more than that unless you are sure that you really both love each other. If you have more questions about fiancé visa I can help or you got pregnant while processing visa because I had been to that and I know what to do.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 12:37 AM
    My friend got married to a US citizen and I knew some who went through the same. Yes youf is right that she can't come there even after a year of marriage (but it depends) and it requires some money. US embassy is vevery very strict here of allowing people marrying an american because of fixed marriages happened in the past, for green card purposes. There will be a lot of scrutiny and investigations, not to mention those who applied petitions before you.If your Gf doesn't have enough money just help her (for processing). I suggest you read immigration laws too, consult a lawyer so you won't doubt. Also meet her here before marrying. There's no divorce in the Philippines and your marriage here will be forwarded in US embassy there. If things won't work out, you'll be in further trouble. I am a filipino woman myself, in same situation as you but I try to be transparent with my BF so he doubt my sincerity to him. We also think in our head, beinmg realistic no matter how were crazy about each other. I hoped I helped a lot. Good luck.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 02:47 PM
    "Emland" (frm p.2)
    2 thousand dollars for a wedding is a fortune in the Philippines! The World Bank Group says that the average per capita income for citizens of the Philippines is $1300 US dollars.

Jesushelper76 is right. There are lots of women here that would love to get to know you and don't require a minimum down payment of 2k before they even meet you in person.

Most of us American born women at least wait until marriage before taking all your money!

"Delia Mamulo"(frm p.2)
    I know of an American Guy in Cleveland Ohio with a filipino wife, that rounds up single men and plans a trip once a year. He introduces the recruits he bring to cousins, neices, whomever in the Philippines. One instance, one of the recruits got a philipino girl pregnant, she and he then had to wait until the child was born to apply for fiancée visa. This past October the Philipino girl arrived at the airport in Manila to come to the USA on her fiancée visa and was told her ticket was cancelled. The Philipino girl called the Sensai in Cleveland Ohio, who then paid for her flight here to the USA, on a fiancée visa that the american guy wanted no part of. She came here for 90 days, and the Cleveland Ohio guy took this girl and introduced her and 4 month old son, to as many men he could even married ones. These girls are whores, will sleep with and do the most disgusting things, for money. Im glad she is gone, and won't be back anytime soon. She wants the men she met here to support her and her kid back in the Philippines, send money, put minutes on cell phone, you name it and calls at 430am est. These woman are whores and home wreckers BEWARE!

I'm filipino, I'll speak objective as much as I can: I won't take generalizations here like homewreckers and whores personally. I want to stessed that this guy we're helping got a typical lad overseas from a very tight conservative family. Here a guy should be responsible for the most of finance issues.So if you got a poor girl, then you should exert more effort. There's no such thing as "minimum down payment". Its just there are some expensive papers to process and a celebration that will come right after. With regards to supporting the immediate family even extended family, yes that's true. We are helpful people and we are not that individualistic like westerns. If someone is blessed, we think it is good to share it. Boundaries however should be set by the woman and the foreign husband (specially) to the former's family. I will help in emergencies and give gifts once in a while but monthly allowance is a big no no to me. That woman in DeliaMamulo's story, is lonely and would like to see people who looks like her in a white people's land.Have any idea how aching is to speak your second language 24/7and just do the household chores ( you can't work) while waiting for your papers completion for 1-2 yrs? Its boring!! She is not paid to "recruit" and just introduces and fortunately guy's like those "recruits" He he. but I get you point, there were more horrible stories like that in the past that's why Phil.Gov't and US embassy is so strict now. As for "These woman are whores and home wreckers BEWARE.", we don't have divorce here. Women here is MOSTLY faithful, just not self -ssured and achiever because we're in patriarchial society. I'm also currently involved with an american guy I met online. I knew these accusations like these will surface in future and I don't want to be belittled just because of the race, culture and a poor country where I came from. I graduated in college, currently taking masteral degree & saving money on my own (also, I don't ask my BF to send money). I can live either here or in the US. It is however my BF should be the one to finance the processing wherever he prefers to live.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rpl
    to all of the above wonderful responses,,,i thank u all. i did go to the philipines to meet her. she appears legit. however, when i suggested we dont marry in june there, because i didnt like the heat, she agreed to marry here when she gets her visa which will take up to one year to do. question is,,, i had thought she was already making so called hand made wedding invitations for 100 people! i had thought also she wanted to have her parents see her get married. all of a sudden, shes ok with coming here instead. what do u think? she introduced me to her folks, and her sister and sisters boyfriend...all seemed legit. i was only at her home for one meal, breakfast at 6:30 a.m. a day she claimed was hers for cooking for her father to go to work. i wonder! says they share that chore.

The fact that she agreed to marry you there, ignore the 2k need (is it Php or $?) in spite of her desire that she wants her family around on her wedding means that she's sincere, not after for a money. She thought you are marrying her here! I strongly suggest DONT GET MAARIED YET. Why? Not that only you are not physically together, you sound like you dont communicate well! You have this doubts & questions but you don't voice it out.
    chloemarlowe Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2008, 03:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rpl
    met her online, wedding is being planned she says, wants 2k to pay for it, im going june 3 for 3 weeks to marry and be with her, she claims she can't come here for a year after we marry due to paperwork involved, am i being scammed? she claims poverty, works 12 hr days, has parents married 38 years, 6 siblings, one here in america married also to an american older guy, i am 42, she 24, claims to love me, and be devoted the rest of her life to me,,,is it a scam??? please advise, thanks.
    Yes I think it is... why would she ask you to send money in the first place? I am from asia and it happens a lot there... I am sorry but when you wan to get married , she really has to be that special someone... what if she just want to marry you to get her out of poverty? That's not really fair for you is it?
    sxyflipchic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Well... first off... I'm filipino and not all filipinos are whores and homewreckers!! My family worked hard to come the united states... legally!! I'm a permanent resident and I will be applying for my citizenship January 2009, on my own...

So before you say all filipinos are whores and homewreckers, make sure that you have met ALL filipinos!! And trust me, I know you haven't...

Just don't judge... god does not like ugly!!
    palalu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 07:01 AM
    It is obvious that she is only after your money... the fact that she doesn't know you in person and vice versa. Nobody can fool a person unless you let them and it's your choice why you are in cyber relationship with her.
    I guess the girl was honest enough to tell you that she is poor and stuff. You have your choice
    If you are seriously thinking of marrying her why don't you meet her first in person and get to know each other for real? What if you don't like how she smells after all>?
    winters79 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Hahaha!! Guys Guys Comman! The Question Was Raised By Rpl Why All Of The Sudden You Guys Was Commenting To The One Who Had Just Commented Otherwise...

Anyway! For Me Rpl Yup U Are... And I Tell You I Can Relate Same Situation..
    I Same Here I Met A Girl In The Internet And I Am A Filipino And She Is Australian Too She Has Too Kids And She Is In The State Of Poverty As Well. She Never Married She Got No Job She's Half Filipina And Australian But The Thing Is We Were Planning For Good Thing , What Is It?? She Never Asked Me Money Watsoever She Was Once Planing To Be Here In The Philippines For Us To Get Connected And Somehow Get One Of The Requirements For Applying Fiancée Visa We Have To Meet And Get Pictures Together For Future Requirement...
    But Since It Didn't Happened Becoz Of Her Situation In Australia Being Single Mom Of Two Kids No Job Away From Her Family No House She Hve To Move To Sydney Just To Get Closer To Her Parents In Able For Her To Get A Job If She Can Get Someone To Look At Her Kids...
    Now I Am The One Planning To Be With Her In Sydney Which She Agreed And Wait Till I Get There And Get To Know Her Family As Well.. And To Get The Requirement As Well For Our Fiancée Visa Plan In The Future...

For Us The Only Problem We Have Is How Can I Travel To Sydney Knwing I Am A Filipino And Filipinos Need Visa To Get To Australia And Of Course Money... But The Girl Never Asked Me To Get Something For Me.. That Means In Your Case I Think The Only Thing She Wants From You Is Fooling You To Get Some Money... Hope You Cod Find Better One Soon... Me And My Australian Gf Been Internet Couple Or Long Distance Couple For 10 Months And We Were Still Get Coonected Until Now And She Is Patiently Waiting For Me Getting There And Marrry Her...

Hhehehe!! Anyway Rpl Hehhe Good Luck To Us Both!!
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by winters79
    And Filipinos Need Visa To Get To Australia And Of Course Money...... But The Girl Never Asked Me To Get Something For Me .. That Means In Your Case I Think The Only Thing She Wants From You Is Fooling You To Get Some Money.... Hope You Cod Find Better One Soon... Me And My Australian Gf Been Internet Couple Or Long Distance Couple For 10 Months And We Were Still Get Coonected Until Now And She Is Patiently Waiting For Me Getting There And Marrry Her...

Hhehehe!!! Anyway Rpl Hehhe Good Luck To Us Both!!!

Have you ever met face to face?

Aug 8, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Nope not! Yet that is why I am desperate for finding a way of getting there!! Why?
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by winters79
    nope not !! yet that is why i am desperate for finding a way of getting there !!! why??

I wondered why a woman with children would promise to marry someone without ever meeting face to face -

If she would be alone, you're both adults; with children, I personally would be more cautious.

Aug 8, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Well , u its knwing and his or her surroundings? What and who he/she is... besides if she wants ! She cod marry riches guy that she physically seen/or met... but that's love... everyone can be fooled everyone can be deceiving no one but I guess it's the feeling although you haven't met yet oldo we've been chatting 15 hrs a day 7 days a week I think people can share there tots even through online well we will see in the end,. ehhee!
    pinay fever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 08:50 AM
    The USD goes very far in the Philippines. You can have a very elaborate wedding for only $100 to $300 USD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bride dress. [ 9 Answers ]

Please my friend is getting married,and I would like you to give me all the sites that are available for a bride dress.Thanks.

What to wear to Caribean wedding for the mother-of-the-bride? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Please help!! My daughter is getting married in the Caribbean next month. What would be appropriate attire? The wedding will be in a gazebo near the beach. 80's degree F temperate. What do ladies wear in the Caribbean islands? I'm a 50's something, average height and size. I've been told...

Not so blushing bride [ 6 Answers ]

I am so over this. I just don't want to get married anymore... I mean, I want to BE married to my man, but just skip the wedding part... My soon-to-be mother-in-law is behaving somewhat oddly... After a phone conversation in which she first instructed me to write wedding invitations in a...

Waiting to be a bride [ 10 Answers ]

I have been with iain for 4 years now... 4 of them he was married for... we finally finalized the divorce... how long should I give him to make a commitment to me... should I wait and give him a breather, or expect a band.

View more questions Search