Ask
    asewell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 12:44 AM
    Hard drive blinking yellow light
    My hard drive is blinking yellow light
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 12:50 AM
    Hard drives don't normally have lights on them. Do you mean the hard drive light on your case? This means that the motherboard is accessing the hard drive, and is nothing to worry about.
    DCAndrews Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Tower indicator lights blinking yellow and green. CD drive blinking green. Fans running,
    Monitor message, "no signal". All plug-ins are tight. Unit won't shut down unless power
    Is cut off. No response to conventional shut down procedure. New HD? System board?
    Thanks for listening...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Don't get the blinking light on the ECU [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, Hopefully some one can shed some light on this. Well I was driving out of my parking lot and my car back fired and shut down on me. I have not been able to start it since, that was a week ago. The engine turns but doesn't fire. I found my ECU, I turned the key one click and I see no...

Blinking power light [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced the power supply on my computer. Now whenever I shut the computer down the power indicator light located on the front of the tower will blink rapidly followed by a clicking sound. Can anyone tell me what the problem id

View more questions Search