Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InspMO Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Door Ajar Light
    1997 Ford F-150

The door ajar warning light and interior light stays on for sometimes up to 1 hr after shuting the door. What is the problem?
    The funny thing about it is, it only happen after the truck is warmed up, never in the early morning.
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Mar 18, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Very simple. You need a door latch switch. It is dirty and sticking. You may be able to shortcut replacing it by sprayind some wd40 inside the latch on the door liberally and open and shut door a couple of times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

Garage Door Opener Light [ 1 Answers ]

It won't go out... besides unscrewing it, how do I get it to go out? The light button isn't turning it off. Thanks.

Garage door opener light [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get the light in my garage door opener to stay on? Unit is a Sears chain drive 1/2 hp. Thanks.

View more questions Search