Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baljinder singh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2012, 01:23 PM
    , my wife going through very serious problem she is pregnant and unborn child of 5
    Sir, my wife going through very serious problem she is pregnant and unborn child of 5 month today I go for sonography then report say that unborn child mind is not developed they saw water inside mind no growth of brain so please tell me what to do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 30, 2012, 01:31 PM
    This is going to be a very difficult decision for both of you, and we strangers online cannot advise you on medical situation, nor tell you what you should do. Five months is a developed baby, and aborting would be traumatic for all of you. I do hope that your wife's doctor will take a few minutes to talk in detail about the future of the child. The condition of water on the brain is called hydrocephalus, and you can do research on the subject to be informed when you see the doctor. There may be more to what is going on, such as microcephaly (smaller than average size head), which might mean that the hydrocephalus was the result of infection or injury.
    baljinder singh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2012, 04:18 PM
    Hydrocephalis
    My wife is pregnant and she is going through 5 month our dr giving us shocking news Hydrocephalus to our baby .so what we do what is the treatment . Please help me god some one can insist us.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 30, 2012, 04:26 PM
    I'm so sorry to hear that. The only thing you can do is follow your doctor's advice carefully.

I don't believe there is anything that can be done at this point in time. You will have to wait until the baby is born and then they will take the proper measures depending on the severity of the hydrocephalus.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 30, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Treatment can vary too much to go into here. You really do need to spend more time with the doctor, busy though he or she may be. A typical treatment for the water on the brain is a shunt, a tube, that drains fluid into the abdomen. There is no treatment for the small head. There may be mental retardation. The child may live, or may not.
    Some reasons for the small head:
    Exposure to hazardous chemicals/substances.
    Exposure to radiation.
    Lack of proper vitamins and nutrients in the diet.
    Infection.
    Prescription or illegal drug and alcohol consumption.
    Maternal diabetes.
    Genetic trait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a problem with my wife where can I get a baby surety bond from her ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with my wife where can I get a baby surety bond from her ?

My problem is that my friend has given diverse to his wife but he loves her very much [ 0 Answers ]

Salam problem is that my friend has given diverse to his wife. First he was very upset because he loves her wife very much but when he hears the speech of Zakir Naik Then he satisfy.But *** give us full detail with islamic point of view?

At a loss wife/mom problem [ 12 Answers ]

Happily married for 17 years with 2 minor children. Yesterday my wife, who has a temper, for no apparent reason just decided to have it out with my mom. The issue, not that it is important, is that she thought my mom was paying more attention to her other grandkids. While true, that fact is not...

View more questions Search