Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littlesister83 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 10:06 AM
    Wrongful Termination
    I worked for a company that is an "at will" employment, and was fired under suspicion of stealing. I did not steal from them, the only "proof" they have is when the money started to go missing is somewhat roughly around the time I was transferred to customer service, and that I bought new clothes.

I know that I really can't do anything about being wrongfully terminated, and not much for slander unless I can prove they are. Which when a job that I applied for calls for a reference they will say that I "stole" from them, and with that I won' t be able to get a job. But there has to be something that I can do!

I did not do what I am being accused of, it doesn't seem fair that I am the one that has to be punished and suffer for doing my job. ANY advice or insight would be very appreciated! Thank you all who took the time to help me!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2012, 10:34 AM
    You cannot take legal action unless you have grounds. At this point you have no indication you have or will be slandered.

Your understanding of "employment at will" is correct. You can be fired for any or no reason.

I'm a little confused about the circumstances of your termination (you were fired with no proof but a lot of suspicion about your activities?), but that doesn't matter.

Again, until you are damaged there is no legal action available to you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 26, 2012, 10:38 AM
    Is this the same place you mentioned here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/workpl...nt-674456.html
    littlesister83 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Is this the same place you mentioned here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/workpl...nt-674456.html
    Yes, this is the same place. I couldn't take the situation so I asked to be transferred, so I was to the front end about 4 months ago. It was great and so much better when I did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrongful Termination? [ 4 Answers ]

I was just fired from a job of ten months for which I had an year-long employment agreement. I was told that the reason for my firing was that I had not made suitable improvement after a negative performance review (in May). At the time of the review, I got a 2.7 where average was a 3 and was...

Wrongful termination [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am 20 years old and was employed at a company for almost 2 years. I was shot while on my day off in both legs and could not walk. I spoke with my supervisor and he said I could take the time off that was needed and to keep him updated on my healing process. I called him at the end of my...

Wrongful termination [ 1 Answers ]

My son was working at a mall, private land. He went into clock in, and his boss told him they needed to talk to him. So he goes over and talks to them. They told him they were going to have to let him go, cause they got multiple phone calls saying that he wasn't doing his job for the amount of...

Wrongful termination [ 16 Answers ]

My son and I were terminated from our jobs wednesday; Normally I work in the morning shift, but I had requested to have the morning shift off. I received a phonecall on my answering machine in the morning, our employer stated that the place I work had called him, and said I left notes the...

View more questions Search