Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlueLizzard7 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Xbox stopped working!
    I got a new Xbox less than a year ago and when I was watching a DVD it froze and then said that it couldn't read the disk. It won't read music CDs or games. What can I do! (I've already tried hitting it repeatedly:D )
    MadamButterfly Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Mar 13, 2007, 07:03 PM
    hmm... I've heard that the Xbox has a freezing problem (as does the NDS lite) but, I'm not sure how to fix it ^^; sorry!
    gameguru1360 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Try either using a laser lens cleaner to clean the dust on the lens or I would try getting one of those laptop usb fans. Perhaps the xbox unit is getting hot which is causing the freezing. You could also try that Nyko fan vent, but I heard any kind of non-microsoft accessory voids your warranty
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 23, 2007, 03:10 PM
    It should have a 12 month warranty so as it is less than a year old contact the store where you bought it from.
    jvibe101 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Mar 26, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Wait if your talkin' about da 360 then look for the "3 red lights of death" around the power button.This means its totaled my friend.
    burn56 Posts: 41, Reputation: 11

Mar 26, 2007, 02:21 PM
    First, is this a Original Xbox or a 360?
    If it is an original, the drive could have just gone bad. Typically the thompson model drives fail because of cheap parts. To identify your version number and possibly what drive visit: LLAMMA's XBOX PAGE: Repair Diagnose & Modify the X-box
    You can replace the parts yourself, or send it to them. However, Microsoft has stopped support on the Original Xbox, so you cannot fall back on there. You can believe it or not, sell xboxs on eBay with broken drives for $50-$80. Which is not that bad, since a used one at Gamestop is $109.99
    If this is a xbox 360 and the drive has indeed, gone to waste on you. All is not lost, you can contact Microsoft, and they can arrange for it to be fixed.
    BlueLizzard7 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 04:30 PM
    It's the old Xbox

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chandelier Stopped Working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a chandelier in my entry. It has two switches - one upstairs and one downstairs. Neither switch will turn the chandelier on anymore. It worked one day and the next it didn't! I have reset the breakers three times. I have looked in the attic where it is attached to the ceiling, but the...

AC compressor stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Amana central AC that the compressor just stopped coming on after a severe rain storm the fan also has a hard time starting but will go if you help it. The thermostat is working and the ac turns on but no compressor. I get 230 volts on the red and yellow wires coming directly out of the...

One Light Stopped Working on a Track of 3 [ 2 Answers ]

We have a track light that has been up for a year with no problems. One bulb burned out (we thought). We got a replacement bulb from the hardware store and changed it, but the bulb still won't work. We checked and the bulb is the correct type. It plugs in fine, fits snug, and everything seems...

2 Ceiling Lights stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

Both my upstairs landing light and bedroom light have both stopped working. What ever has caused them to stop also appears to have blown the bulbs. I have changed the bulbs and checked the fuse board (not sure if that's the correct name for it) but all the switches were still on. I turned them off...

Sound card stopped working. [ 3 Answers ]

My sound card has 'expired'. I recently installed webcam and have been communicating successfully (audio and visual) for some weeks. Suddenly my sound card 'went'. Attached speakers are okay. Please help if you can.

View more questions Search