Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pwh Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Glutathion PILLS
    I Had Posted A Question On Glutathion. What I Honestly Want To Know Before I Start Taking These Pills Is:

Do They Lighten Skin Colour?
    What Amount Should I Take For Them To Be Effective
    Any Side Effects?

Of Course The Cost Of These Tablets Or Injections
    MadamButterfly Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Mar 13, 2007, 07:34 PM
    pwh,

L-Glutathione will lighten your skin tone, although that's not the purpose of these pills. The pills are meant to detox your body, boost your immune system, and are an antioxidant. By taking them in excess (twice the recommended daily dose, so, approx. 5 pills daily) your skin tone will lighten (I've heard anywhere from 1-4 shades).

When I took L-Glute I didn't experience any adverse side effects, and my skin lightened up about 1 shade. The only problem with L-Glute is that it can be hard to come by, depending on where you live.

If you live in the States, you can find them at Whole Foods, and select health food stores (most people do not know about L-Glute unless they are avid body-builders). I'm not sure where you can find them if you are located outside of the US, however, bear in mind that when you are shopping for it, you want only L-Glutathione and if at all possible you want the 500mg pills.

At Whole Foods they are about $40.00 for a bottle of 500mg pure L-Glute gell capsules.
    If you have any other questions, please feel free to send me a message.

-m
    mnemosyne78 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 01:47 PM
    1.) It will lighten your skin color, but how fast will depend on how dark your skin is. I am currently taking L-glutathione which I bought here in the Philippines from a company that has BFAD registration.

2.)You can choose between 500mg to 1000mg. But always remember that you have to take in Vitamin C exactly the same amount as the Glutathione. For example, 1000mg capsule gluta= 1000mg capsule Vitamin C.

Some examples of brands that are said to work are: PH388, MET Thione. For more info, you can PM me.
    ronnellbagz Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Hi! Just wanted to inform you that there's a fake glutathione... My friend recently bought Dr. James Gluta and it was really FAKE.. She says it was locally packed , etc.. Read it for yourself.. Fake Dr. James Glutathione
    mnemosyne78 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
    To make sure that you get the genuine ones, buy from Watson's or Mercury. I think they sell MET thione there. Or HBC.:)
    tweeetypooh Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2007, 09:32 PM
    I'm morena and really don't want to be super white. I just want to even out my skin color. I have dark spots such as underarm, groins, belly, knees, elbows and my back has also acne scars. Will this pill help me to attain a fair skin? And for how long do I have to take it?
    jobberknoll Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 11:18 PM
    Comment on MadamButterfly's post
    At least she had given her answer to the very best
    Carmen Posts: 62, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 24, 2007, 09:48 PM
    If the Glutathione mixture ingredient is potent, you don't necessarily need to take extra Vitamin C and AlA (Alpha Lipoic Acid).
    I have been with Gluta-C since 2005, and never had the need to take extra Vit. C and ALA, and it does the job, take note that I'm only taking 2 capsules a day.
    So make sure, when you're buying GLuta, make sure the mixture is Double strength and Reduced.
    Carmen Posts: 62, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 24, 2007, 09:49 PM
    BTW, it has 500mg reduced Glutathione..
    vaningabai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemosyne78
    1.) It will lighten your skin color, but how fast will depend on how dark your skin is. I am currently taking L-glutathione which I bought here in the Philippines from a company that has BFAD registration.

2.)You can choose between 500mg to 1000mg. But always remember that you have to take in Vitamin C exactly the same amount as the Glutathione. For example, 1000mg capsule gluta= 1000mg capsule Vitamin C.

Some examples of brands that are said to work are: PH388, MET Thione. For more info, you can PM me.
    Hi guys, please answer me..

I bought this kind of glutathion from WATSON STORE, I cost 999 pesos for 2 kinds of bottle with 30pieces tablet on each bottle. I didn't notice that there is no BFAD registration on it.. is this tablet safe or not? And h0w do I know that the glutathion is BFAD registered?
    xanne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Hi, well my mom bought a shiseido pure white, I just want to know if these are glutathion?
    ha5jau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pwh
    I Had Posted A Question On Glutathion. What I Honestly Want To Know Before I Start Taking These Pills Is:

Do They Lighten Skin Colour?
    What Amount Should I Take For Them To Be Effective
    Any Side Effects?

Of Course The Cost Of These Tablets Or Injections
    .can I use hydroquinone creams along with them?
    bella05 Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Is anyone out there using the Glutathione pills with good results?

Please share your experiences.( Brand, Dosage,. ).

Thanks.
    caligirl69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 11:08 PM
    Comment on MadamButterfly's post
    Smart lol
    AmorJade5683 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen
    If the Glutathione mixture ingredient is potent, you dont' necessarily need to take extra Vitamin C and AlA (Alpha Lipoic Acid).
    I have been with Gluta-C since 2005, and never had the need to take extra Vit. C and ALA, and it does the job, take note that im only taking 2 capsules a day.
    So make sure, when you're buying GLuta, make sure the mixture is Double strenght and Reduced.

Where can I get this from?
    And how effective is it.. (how many shades lighter did you get?)
    SugarBlush Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Apr 17, 2008, 01:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmorJade5683
    where can I get this from??
    Glutac.com
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MadamButterfly
    pwh,

L-Glutathione will lighten your skin tone, although thats not the purpose of these pills. The pills are meant to detox your body, boost your immune system, and are an antioxidant. By taking them in excess (twice the recommended daily dose, so, approx. 5 pills daily) your skin tone will lighten (I've heard anywhere from 1-4 shades).

When I took L-Glute I didn't experience any adverse side effects, and my skin lightened up about 1 shade. The only problem with L-Glute is that it can be hard to come by, depending on where you live.
    Hun, L-Glute does not contain glutathione lol. It contains something called L-Glutamine
    consumer Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Has anyone had any real results with glutathione pills?

Every clinical study I have read says oral glutathione makes no absolutely difference at all to cellular glutathione. There are oral supplements which increase cellular glutathione but they are precursors. Even glutathione injections have a limited and temporary effect.
    babykong143 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 08:56 AM
    It's best to buy glutathione from the us or japan.

A lot of brands from the philippines like lucida and vaniderm were found to be below the mg they claimed to be.

I've been using puritan's pride l-glutathione from the us and it's only 250mg, I use it with puritan's pride alpha lipoic acid and vit c and me and my friends got results within a week or two.

I added purewhite and shiseido whisis to my whitening supplements and I'm a little lighter now in so little time.
    mitchie Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 12:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vaningabai View Post
    hi guys, please answer me..

i bought this kind of glutathion from WATSON STORE, i cost 999 pesos for 2 kinds of bottle with 30pieces tablet on each bottle. i didn't notice that there is no BFAD registration on it.. is this tablet safe or not?? and h0w do i know that the glutathion is BFAD registered?

What is the brand name of the glutathione you bought?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pills [ 8 Answers ]

What could happen if a person would take a capsul that is bigger than the normal size? Would that cause any problems?

Glutathion [ 3 Answers ]

Is it safe and can I buy it from phamacies in Romania?

View more questions Search