Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eitheriam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 07:32 PM
    Light turned on by itself
    So I couldn't sleep and I was sitting in my front room for hours listening to music on my earphones. (Dancing around a little bit too lol) I sat down and noticed the lights flickering on and off suddenly, and I was like What? So I kind of froze and stared at them and they came FULLY on and then after a few seconds went completely off, so I got out of there, freaked out.

The reason it freaked me out so bad is because I stayed in a "haunted" hotel at the weekend, ghost hunting for Halloween. Just a bit of fun, we did it for a laugh. I didn't expect to see anything even though I would have liked to. I mean, the TV went off and then back on by itself but I don't know.

Anyway, I'm just hoping someone can give me some kind of explanation because I'm scaring myself thinking I brought something back with me and now it's in my house lol. Can you put my mind at ease?

By the way, it's a chandelier with a few bulbs in it and it has one of those dimmer switches.
    shuntripper Posts: 180, Reputation: 8

Nov 8, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Spoooky... not.

Loose connection at the switch is first thing to check
    eitheriam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 07:38 PM
    It was you, wasn't it? I knew it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know why my light sometimes comes on hours after I've turned it on? [ 5 Answers ]

Sometimes it works immediately, and other times it comes on in the middle of the night even though I switched it on in the evening (it doesn't go off though, so it doesn't seem to be a loose connection problem). Thanks very much for your help!

Dark brown trying to go light light blond turned orange.. [ 0 Answers ]

I have naturally fairly dark brown hair but in the past I have dyed it darker brown and black.I wanted to go very light blond and decided to bleach my hair but it turned out a crazy orange color, so I tried dying it a light blond and it came out looking a little lighter but essentially the same. I...

Turned light switch on and light blew out [ 3 Answers ]

Above the kitchen sink

CFL light flashes when turned off [ 0 Answers ]

CFL lights in BC22 fittings flash slowly when switch is turned off. Have had this happen in two different fittings in house with different globes. No timers or dimmers in cct just 1 overhead light & wall switch

Fan loses power when light turned up [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan with light. Both light & fan are controlled through a Lutron dimmer. When the fan is running and I turn the lights to high, the fan slows down to almost no movement, regardless of the fan dimmer setting. Both the fan and the light work great independently but do not work...

View more questions Search