Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alicia2345 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Tax amendment
    My daughter filed her 2006 1040A and sent it to the IRS on March 7, 2007. She is expecting a return.

On March 9, 2007 she received a 1099-MISC with only Box 7 completed. I have been told by the IRS she will need to file an amendment after she receives her return. The IRS said she will need to file a Form 1040X and attach her check or money order if money is due the IRS (most likely there will be). Is that correct?

I'm a little confused, because if she had received the 1099-MISC in time, she should have filed the 1040. Right?

Is the 1040X the way to go and if so, what am I amending?

[email protected]
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Alicia:

What the IRS told you is correct. She will need to amend her 2006 return with Form 1040X and claim the income documented by the Form 1099-MISC. She will also need to complete Schedules C and SE and, most likely, pay some taxes with the amendment.

If she gets this completed and mailed by 16 April 2007, there will be no penaltioes assessed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General Tax Query related to Federal and State Tax and Filing Status. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Married Indian resident. I had visited US in 2006 twice on H1B. I have never been to US earlier. Period of Visit: March 2006-April2006 approx 44 Days - Income from NY. Stayed in NJ August 2006 – Sept 2006 approx 32 Days. - Income from NJ. Stayed in NJ My company paid the salary...

Amendment to 2006 Tax [ 3 Answers ]

I filled out my parents tax forms for 2006 and already submitted it. However, I have not received a refund yet, which is what they are owed. Unfortunately, I did not know that there was additional income to report for 2006 on a 1099-MISC. What is the suggestion to report this? Do I just wait...

Amendment to civil summons [ 1 Answers ]

I have filed the answer and counter suit to a civil summons, how to do an amendment?

Amendment For H1 Visa [ 3 Answers ]

I am on an H1 Visa and found out that an amendment can be filed for the past 3 years, I need to know the names or contact persons of the agencies that can file the amendment, myibsn.com can file amendments but they do not have any appointment times available. Would be great if you can let me know...

State Return - Amendment - Required ? [ 1 Answers ]

If federal return is amended , please let me know whether State return also need to be amended even though there is no change in refund (already received) except change in filling status ?

View more questions Search