Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CarlyTD Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Oct 20, 2012, 02:13 PM
    Fast setting clear coat for hardwood floors
    Hi,

I have some old parquet hardwood flooring that has gapped over time. I like the distressed look, but I don't like having to clean between the boards.

Is there a fast setting clear coat type product that I can put over the floor that will seal the gaps? I would use a urethane, but I'm not sure where it would flow if it got through the gaps.

Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2012, 05:12 PM
    If the gaps are that big, polyurethane will run through. How about a wood tiller and stain? How big an area are we talking about?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove carpet tack strips glued to hardwood floors w/o damage to floors. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to remove the carpeting from my daughter's bedroom. There are beautiful finished hardwood floors underneath, but instead of being nailed down, the carpet tack strips were glued. How do I remove them without doing damage to the hardwood floors?

Hardwood floors [ 1 Answers ]

Hardwood Floors [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone here has installed a Hardwood Floor over concrete ? I have done them over wood, but never over concrete and I am looking for any inout/experience on this matter. Thanks

Hardwood floors [ 3 Answers ]

I am considering purchasing a new home built last summer. I noticed that the hardwood floors seem to have areas that are uneven. Mainly in the areas between doorways where there is transition from each of the rooms. Other areas feel like the edges of the boards are raising up. Is there a need...

Hardwood floors [ 1 Answers ]

Hardwood floors in the kitchen and bathroom are five years old. They recently started creaking in places when you walk on them. How do you stop the noise?

View more questions Search