Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nldaniels86 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Going back to vegetarian
    Hi all

I was vege last year, but took no suppliments for the loss of proteins etc that I was not getting from meat, but after a year of losing weight, for which I thought was normal, I was taken to hospital in an ambulance after fainting. This was a worry to me, and I was told that due to my diet of non meat, I was not getting enuf suppliments and goodness from the meals I was eating.

My beliefs against animal killings were put to the back of my head, as hard as it was, and I was soon back on the meat, and now healthy and fit! But now, after a year, I am yet again wanting to become vegetarian, but I want to do it all properly this time, you know, looking after myself, so can anyone give advice on any suppliments I can get to help me stay healthy??

I am still going to eat fish, as much as I really don't want to, unless there's an alternative??

Pkease help!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 02:23 PM
    I can totally relate to your story, I also believed when I was younger than being a vegetarian was the way to go and I ended up skinny and totally unhealthy. But now there's are so many alternatives, you can still be a vegetarian but stay healthy! On say a 1800 vegetarian diet, you need about 8 servings of grains, 5 sevings of veggies, 4 servings of fruit, 2-3 servings of dairy, and at least 7 oz of dry beans, legumes, lentils, nuts, seeds, limit eggs, use meat substitutes, like soy or tofu or vegetable protein burgers. Eat whole grain breads, whole grain cereals, oats and rice. Supplements like iron, folic acid , B-12 and vitamin D are good choices, if you go totally meat free. Fish is a great source of protein so if you can handle it, eat it. Your body needs protein, but there's lots of meat free meals like spagetti, or veggie stir fries, or chili with extra beans for example that will you you proper nutrients. Hope this helps!:D
    nldaniels86 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 12, 2007, 02:24 AM
    Wow, I knew there would be some alternatives, but there really are soooooooo many! Thank you sooo much, that is a great help!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

Interlocking plate back to back feed [ 2 Answers ]

If I use a interlocking plate to backfeed my main(homelite 200amp)from my generator... from my garage... can I use the braker that is feeding the garage if I put it in the proper place to accommodate the interlocking plate? It's a 220 30 amp braker... so part of the question is... will the...

Is wine vegetarian? [ 3 Answers ]

Is wine vegetarian? I've never thought about it before but someone asked me today and now it's bugging me not knowing... :confused:

Vegetarian [ 10 Answers ]

My problem is I'm a vegetarian. I want to be, and I am. Too bad my parents won't accept that. I don't eat meat. And I have absoutley no problem when other people do. I just don't like it. I've only reciently confronted my parents about my non meat eating choices. And they've gone balistic. My...

View more questions Search